PDA

View Full Version : landing mishaps

Lure builder
October 9th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Sometimes i get the fish real close to landing and the line snaps. This happens
a lot when i'm bymyself. I have to stop the drag and then the fish takes off
and the line snaps. Should I be applying the drag differently on landing the
fish. Crankbaits are lost as well as the fish.

Kevin
October 9th, 2004, 09:31 PM
What type of line? What size? How old is your line?
"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> Sometimes i get the fish real close to landing and the line snaps. This
happens
> a lot when i'm bymyself. I have to stop the drag and then the fish takes
off
> and the line snaps. Should I be applying the drag differently on landing
the
> fish. Crankbaits are lost as well as the fish.

go-bassn
October 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Fish on!

WW ;-)

"Kevin" > wrote in message
> What type of line? What size? How old is your line?
> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > Sometimes i get the fish real close to landing and the line snaps. This
> happens
> > a lot when i'm bymyself. I have to stop the drag and then the fish takes
> off
> > and the line snaps. Should I be applying the drag differently on landing
> the
> > fish. Crankbaits are lost as well as the fish.

Dan Krueger
October 10th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Take up knitting - immediately. Change your name to "Sweater Builder" Or "Gone
Blanketing". Knitting is in season all of the time and a lad won't be harassed
by a CO for improper yarn or technique. Those rabid raccoons can't get you in
the comfort of your asylum. Any broken knitting needles can be returned to
Walmart without a problem. They are all about customer service, you know.