PDA

View Full Version : Millenium Twist Fishing System

Henry Hefner
October 10th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Have any of you guys and gals used any of these? If so, what do you
think of them? It's a swivel attatched directly to the hooks, no snap.
It looks like it would not only eliminate line twist, but would help
keep the fish from coming unhooked. You can see them here:

http://tinyurl.com/4agem

They come with Eagle Claw or Gamakatsu hooks. If anyone is interested in
buying, I found out about them on the Texes Fishing Forum, and the
seller offered a 10% discount, so if you want to buy, read how to get
the discount here:

http://tinyurl.com/7xs8n

Disclaimer: I have never used these hooks or this web store, and know
nothing about it! That's why I'm asking you guys about it.

Ornery

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 10th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:05:32 -0500, Henry Hefner
> sent into the ether:

>Have any of you guys and gals used any of these? If so, what do you
>think of them? It's a swivel attatched directly to the hooks, no snap.
>It looks like it would not only eliminate line twist, but would help
>keep the fish from coming unhooked. You can see them here:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4agem
>
>They come with Eagle Claw or Gamakatsu hooks. If anyone is interested in
>buying, I found out about them on the Texes Fishing Forum, and the
>seller offered a 10% discount, so if you want to buy, read how to get
>the discount here:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/7xs8n
>
>Disclaimer: I have never used these hooks or this web store, and know
>nothing about it! That's why I'm asking you guys about it.
>
>Ornery

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 10th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:05:32 -0500, Henry Hefner
> sent into the ether:

>Have any of you guys and gals used any of these? If so, what do you
>think of them? It's a swivel attatched directly to the hooks, no snap.
>It looks like it would not only eliminate line twist, but would help
>keep the fish from coming unhooked. You can see them here:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4agem
>
>They come with Eagle Claw or Gamakatsu hooks. If anyone is interested in
>buying, I found out about them on the Texes Fishing Forum, and the
>seller offered a 10% discount, so if you want to buy, read how to get
>the discount here:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/7xs8n
>
>Disclaimer: I have never used these hooks or this web store, and know
>nothing about it! That's why I'm asking you guys about it.
>
>Ornery

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Henry Hefner
October 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
> Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
> worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}

They are pretty pricey. I have just heard peoply say they would like to
attach a swivel to the hook, but don't trust snap swivels. I guess a
split ring would do it, but it would be longer, and by the time you
bought hook, swivel, and split ring, the cost would be higher. I was
just curious if anyone saw a real advantage here for Texas rigging.

Henry Hefner
October 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
> Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
> worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}

They are pretty pricey. I have just heard peoply say they would like to
attach a swivel to the hook, but don't trust snap swivels. I guess a
split ring would do it, but it would be longer, and by the time you
bought hook, swivel, and split ring, the cost would be higher. I was
just curious if anyone saw a real advantage here for Texas rigging.

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 10th, 2004, 01:12 PM
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:43:26 -0500, Henry Hefner
> sent into the ether:

>Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
>> Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
>> worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}
>
>They are pretty pricey. I have just heard peoply say they would like to
>attach a swivel to the hook, but don't trust snap swivels. I guess a
>split ring would do it, but it would be longer, and by the time you
>bought hook, swivel, and split ring, the cost would be higher. I was
>just curious if anyone saw a real advantage here for Texas rigging.

Henry,
Texas rigging is my confidence method. I am not sure if you are using
spinning or baitcasting gear nor what type of worm hooks . This is
what I found using spinning gear.

When I first started Bass fishing I had lots of problems with line
twist. I even went so far as to put tiny swivels on my worm
hooks.(Talk about a nut case) Just open the eye enough to get a
swivel on then squeeze it shut. I would also hollow out the back of
bullit weights to allow the swivel to be partially hidden from weeds.
I just did not have any resources back then that could set me straight
on possible solutions.

As I became more proficient at Texas rigging a worm straight, line
twist dropped somewhat. It dropped further when I purchased better
reels (I used nothing but 20 yr old spinning gear then), I stopped
using hooks with twists and crooked offsets and went to straight
offset Gami's. Twists and weird crooked bends did not seem to help my
hookup ratio and appeared to promot lure spin. Softer worms with
tails that stretch out and do not act as stiff curly rudders also made
a bit of a difference Now when I am using a lure that might twist the
line or I see the lure rotating on the retrieve, I pick the lure out
of the water with 6 or 7+ feet of line out and let it spin for a
moment. Having a spinning reels roller adjusted and lubed properly
also makes a big difference.

Changing to power pro has also helped as when there is a twist it does
not act like mono.

Hope this helps.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 10th, 2004, 01:12 PM
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:43:26 -0500, Henry Hefner
> sent into the ether:

>Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
>> Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
>> worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}
>
>They are pretty pricey. I have just heard peoply say they would like to
>attach a swivel to the hook, but don't trust snap swivels. I guess a
>split ring would do it, but it would be longer, and by the time you
>bought hook, swivel, and split ring, the cost would be higher. I was
>just curious if anyone saw a real advantage here for Texas rigging.

Henry,
Texas rigging is my confidence method. I am not sure if you are using
spinning or baitcasting gear nor what type of worm hooks . This is
what I found using spinning gear.

When I first started Bass fishing I had lots of problems with line
twist. I even went so far as to put tiny swivels on my worm
hooks.(Talk about a nut case) Just open the eye enough to get a
swivel on then squeeze it shut. I would also hollow out the back of
bullit weights to allow the swivel to be partially hidden from weeds.
I just did not have any resources back then that could set me straight
on possible solutions.

As I became more proficient at Texas rigging a worm straight, line
twist dropped somewhat. It dropped further when I purchased better
reels (I used nothing but 20 yr old spinning gear then), I stopped
using hooks with twists and crooked offsets and went to straight
offset Gami's. Twists and weird crooked bends did not seem to help my
hookup ratio and appeared to promot lure spin. Softer worms with
tails that stretch out and do not act as stiff curly rudders also made
a bit of a difference Now when I am using a lure that might twist the
line or I see the lure rotating on the retrieve, I pick the lure out
of the water with 6 or 7+ feet of line out and let it spin for a
moment. Having a spinning reels roller adjusted and lubed properly
also makes a big difference.

Changing to power pro has also helped as when there is a twist it does
not act like mono.

Hope this helps.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Henry Hefner
October 11th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:43:26 -0500, Henry Hefner
> > sent into the ether:
>

>>Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
>>
>>>Looks like a slit ring and a swivel would do the trick. Would it be
>>>worth it? I don't think so. JMHO :<}
>>
>>They are pretty pricey. I have just heard peoply say they would like to
>>attach a swivel to the hook, but don't trust snap swivels. I guess a
>>split ring would do it, but it would be longer, and by the time you
>>bought hook, swivel, and split ring, the cost would be higher. I was
>>just curious if anyone saw a real advantage here for Texas rigging.
>

> Henry,
> Texas rigging is my confidence method. I am not sure if you are using
> spinning or baitcasting gear nor what type of worm hooks . This is
> what I found using spinning gear.
>
> When I first started Bass fishing I had lots of problems with line
> twist. I even went so far as to put tiny swivels on my worm
> hooks.(Talk about a nut case) Just open the eye enough to get a
> swivel on then squeeze it shut. I would also hollow out the back of
> bullit weights to allow the swivel to be partially hidden from weeds.
> I just did not have any resources back then that could set me straight
> on possible solutions.
>
> As I became more proficient at Texas rigging a worm straight, line
> twist dropped somewhat. It dropped further when I purchased better
> reels (I used nothing but 20 yr old spinning gear then), I stopped
> using hooks with twists and crooked offsets and went to straight
> offset Gami's. Twists and weird crooked bends did not seem to help my
> hookup ratio and appeared to promot lure spin. Softer worms with
> tails that stretch out and do not act as stiff curly rudders also made
> a bit of a difference Now when I am using a lure that might twist the
> line or I see the lure rotating on the retrieve, I pick the lure out
> of the water with 6 or 7+ feet of line out and let it spin for a
> moment. Having a spinning reels roller adjusted and lubed properly
> also makes a big difference.
>
> Changing to power pro has also helped as when there is a twist it does
> not act like mono.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Remove the x for e-mail reply
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com