PDA

View Full Version : Re: Need your advice on SWL 2005 Lineup

pat gustafson
October 11th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Joe,
I really like the Green Godess of the three you mentioned. As for a new
style, how about something more like a bluegill. A darker blue head and
a skirt like the baby bass, only darker.

pat

Joe Haubenreich
October 12th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Hey, Larry.... where've you been?

We have no intention to drop those popular models. I'd have to fight some
people if we eliminated Firetiger, Midnight Snack II, Wounded Minnow.... and
a few of my favorites like Baby Bass. We're just trying to tighten up our
lines to eliminate lures that fall in the same niche, and the fill in the
gaps. So far we seem to have some enthusiasm for all-white and our red craw.
Also some patterns that resemble forage species, like pumpkinseed and
bluegill.

Joe
____________

"Larry Runkle" > wrote in message

Of those three, which do you prefer?

> Thanks in advance for your help.
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Joe, I would first say the firetiger, but I'm sure your keeping that one.
The same with the Midnight Snack II. But the one I really want you to keep
in your line up is the Wounded Shad. It has become my goto lure when I fish
water that is somewhat clear.

Opps, that's three in one post, sorry Joe, I just couldn't help myself. What
ya expect from someone from Arkansas. :-)

Larry

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
October 12th, 2004, 04:24 AM
If I remember correctly, Brian Greer won the Mid-Tenn. Classic in 2001, with
him and Rod Storm throwing a downsized white spinnerbait. I'd have to say
that a few of us definitely consider Green Goddess, Firetiger, Midnight
Snack, and Baby Bass a plus factor in the SW lineup. Those few are a
mainstay in my Plano box, along with a few extras. In Michigan it seems that
Green Pumpkin is a go-to color with almost any bait/lure that we throw,
along with Watermelon Green.

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Hey, Larry.... where've you been?
>
> We have no intention to drop those popular models. I'd have to fight some
> people if we eliminated Firetiger, Midnight Snack II, Wounded Minnow....
and
> a few of my favorites like Baby Bass. We're just trying to tighten up our
> lines to eliminate lures that fall in the same niche, and the fill in the
> gaps. So far we seem to have some enthusiasm for all-white and our red
craw.
> Also some patterns that resemble forage species, like pumpkinseed and
> bluegill.
>
> Joe
> ____________
>
> "Larry Runkle" > wrote in message
>
> Of those three, which do you prefer?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > --
> > Joe Haubenreich
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> > _______________________
> >

> Joe, I would first say the firetiger, but I'm sure your keeping that one.
> The same with the Midnight Snack II. But the one I really want you to keep
> in your line up is the Wounded Shad. It has become my goto lure when I
fish
> water that is somewhat clear.
>
> Opps, that's three in one post, sorry Joe, I just couldn't help myself.
What
> ya expect from someone from Arkansas. :-)
>
> Larry

Larry Runkle
October 14th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Hey Joe, just been out here lurking now and then. Just haven't found the
time to get out fishin as much this year. But plan on some this fall. And I
would really be interested in seeing that bluegill pattern. I'll keep an eye
out for it.

Larry