PDA

View Full Version : Please explain this...

Charles B. Summers
October 13th, 2004, 02:58 AM
When y'all are talking about 2' waves, 6' waves, and such... are you talking
about the height of the wave or the distance between waves?

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
October 13th, 2004, 03:07 AM
One word.....UP !!!!

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
.. .
> When y'all are talking about 2' waves, 6' waves, and such... are you
talking
> about the height of the wave or the distance between waves?

Chris Rennert
October 13th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Definitely height!, A 2' wave is calm on most days on Winnebago, but for
some reason 4' is down right dangerous. Also on Winnebago, it is really the
distance between the waves that makes it treacherous, most of the time, as
you are coming over one wave, you are usually going nose into another :-(

Chris
"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
.. .
> When y'all are talking about 2' waves, 6' waves, and such... are you
talking
> about the height of the wave or the distance between waves?

go-bassn
October 13th, 2004, 03:34 AM
lol Charles ;-)

WW

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
.. .
> When y'all are talking about 2' waves, 6' waves, and such... are you
> talking
> about the height of the wave or the distance between waves?

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 13th, 2004, 04:14 AM
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:42 -0400, "Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)"
> sent into the ether:

>One word.....UP !!!!
And DOWN!!!

>"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
.. .
>> When y'all are talking about 2' waves, 6' waves, and such... are you
>talking
>> about the height of the wave or the distance between waves?

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 13th, 2004, 04:19 AM
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:29:22 -0500, "Chris Rennert"
> sent into the ether:

>Definitely height!, A 2' wave is calm on most days on Winnebago, but for
>some reason 4' is down right dangerous. Also on Winnebago, it is really the
>distance between the waves that makes it treacherous, most of the time, as
>you are coming over one wave, you are usually going nose into another :-(
>
>Chris

Just like Poygan Chris. If they are spaced out right you can ride the
tops at full throttle. Had a steering linkage come loose doing that
once. Damn lucky I cut the throttle before it turned!!!

Several times while drift fishing on Poygan I had to lift the motor
because it was hitting bottom in the troughs.

>"Charles B. Summers" > wrote in message
.. .
>> When y'all are talking about 2' waves, 6' waves, and such... are you
>talking
>> about the height of the wave or the distance between waves?

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

pat gustafson
October 13th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:42 -0400, "Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)"
> > sent into the ether:
>

>>One word.....UP !!!!
>
> And DOWN!!!

and then back up again!

pat gustafson
October 13th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:42 -0400, "Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)"
> > sent into the ether:
>

>>One word.....UP !!!!
>
> And DOWN!!!

and then back up again!