PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead Striped Bass? Tips?

jylu97
October 13th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Hi,

I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to use
at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of my
own tackle.

Thanks.

A. J.

David H. Lipman
October 13th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Crocodile and Gator 2 1/4oz spoons.

Live lined herring.

Dave

"jylu97" > wrote in message
om...
| Hi,
|
| I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
| few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to use
| at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
| with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of my
| own tackle.
|
| Thanks.
|
| A. J.

David H. Lipman
October 13th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Oh, add to that a Crippled Herring lure.

Dave

go-bassn
October 13th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Stripers...yea. They're all-white right?

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"jylu97" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
> few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to use
> at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
> with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of my
> own tackle.
>
> Thanks.
>
> A. J.

alwaysfishking
October 13th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I love stripers

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Stripers...yea. They're all-white right?
>
> Warren ;-)
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "jylu97" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
> > few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to use
> > at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
> > with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of my
> > own tackle.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > A. J.

alwaysfishking
October 13th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I love stripers

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Stripers...yea. They're all-white right?
>
> Warren ;-)
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>

> "jylu97" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
> > few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to use
> > at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
> > with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of my
> > own tackle.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > A. J.

Rich P
October 14th, 2004, 12:37 AM
I've been hitting them the past few weeks in the Hackensack River in
Secaucus. We get them all throwing 3/8 or 1/2 oz jig-heads and 4" shad
swim-baits in white. The bait looks like the peanut bunker that are in the
river by the thousands. There are a few spots where the bunker are so thick
you can't help but foul hook one on every other cast. And every now and
again the lure goes in but it doesn't come out and you realize there's a ten
pound fish on the line. I have a couple of pics on ABPF right now.

Rich P

"alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
>I love stripers
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
>> Stripers...yea. They're all-white right?
>>
>> Warren ;-)
>> --
>> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
>> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
>>

>> "jylu97" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
>> > few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to use
>> > at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
>> > with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of my
>> > own tackle.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > A. J.

David H. Lipman
October 14th, 2004, 12:51 AM
So that's where the Peanut Bunker are. They aren't here off the beaches of Monmouth county.

Dave

"Rich P" > wrote in message ...
| I've been hitting them the past few weeks in the Hackensack River in
| Secaucus. We get them all throwing 3/8 or 1/2 oz jig-heads and 4" shad
| swim-baits in white. The bait looks like the peanut bunker that are in the
| river by the thousands. There are a few spots where the bunker are so thick
| you can't help but foul hook one on every other cast. And every now and
| again the lure goes in but it doesn't come out and you realize there's a ten
| pound fish on the line. I have a couple of pics on ABPF right now.
|
| Rich P
|

| "alwaysfishking" > wrote in message
| >I love stripers
| >

| > "go-bassn" > wrote in message
| >> Stripers...yea. They're all-white right?
| >>
| >> Warren ;-)
| >> --
| >> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
| >> http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
| >> 2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions
| >>

| >> "jylu97" > wrote in message
| >> om...

alwaysfishking
October 14th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Rich are you not snagging bunker when fishing for those stripers? If not
SON!!!! Take me fishing with you. Man some of the best striper fishing I did
when I lived in the city was done with two rods, One witha big old snatch
hook for snagging bunkers and the other for livelining them out, do it qucik
enought and take a double header, I'll show you how to rig that up

--
A&A National Fishing Team