PDA

View Full Version : ROFLMAO - Re: RI - What is the Problem...

Bob La Londe
October 13th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Ok, this is funny. I talked with a friend of mine this morning who is in
the fishing industry in this area. Aaron with RI called him and asked if he
new me. My friend asked me what I said in my "e-mail" to him that got him
so ticked off.

So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if it
was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over site.

Now, I have to add... It was not actually an e-mail. The only way I found to
contact RI was through a reply form on their website which forces you to
register as a member of their site first, and then fill in all kinds of
information including phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to simply
ask a question. I could not even find a phone number on their site until
after going through all of that.

One thing I do and many others do as well is add a NO SPAM statement at the
end of the comment section for any form that forces you to give out all that
information.

Mine goes soemthing like this:

The e-mail, telephone, and other information given is for the sole and
express purpose of doing business at MY CONVENIENCE. There will be a $500
charge for dealing with unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.

My friend told me, that was the part that ticked him off and got him
swearing at me when he called me. ROFL.

I guess Aaron doesn't have to set up filters to delete and sort a couple
hundred spam per day like I do. Either that or he was ticked off that he
couldn't add my e-mail address to his spam list. LOL.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Gale Ann
October 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Yes he can add you to a spam list.YOU won't have any control over that, no
matter what you type at the end of the forms.
Just some friendly facts.

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> [...]

> after going through all of that.
>
> One thing I do and many others do as well is add a NO SPAM statement at
the
> end of the comment section for any form that forces you to give out all
that
> information.
>
> Mine goes soemthing like this:
>
> The e-mail, telephone, and other information given is for the sole and
> express purpose of doing business at MY CONVENIENCE. There will be a $500
> charge for dealing with unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.
>
> My friend told me, that was the part that ticked him off and got him
> swearing at me when he called me. ROFL.
>
> I guess Aaron doesn't have to set up filters to delete and sort a couple
> hundred spam per day like I do. Either that or he was ticked off that he
> couldn't add my e-mail address to his spam list. LOL.

James Horner
October 13th, 2004, 06:17 PM
>So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if it
>was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over site.

Now Bob, I knew there was more to the story. When I asked you what you said in
your email, what you just posted isn't what you posted initialy. You posted
only that, "I asked him why he was discriminating against Arizona". That was
somewhat misleading, wouldn't you say? According to this post you actually said
quite a bit more, to which you got a nasty response.

First you insinuate the guy of discriminating against Arizona, something he has
every right to do for whatever reason he chooses to do so. Then you insult his
web developer by calling him "incompetent". Did it ever occur to you that the
person you spoke with on the phone and the web developer may be the same
person? How would you respond to being called incompetent over something that
could be a simple oversight, as you also suggested? Simply asking if the lack
of Arizona as an option was an oversight MIGHT not have resulted in the
response that you received. You're right; your email could have been more
'tactful', because starting off with an email that could be misinterpreted, and
obviously was, as hostile and then to expect a friendly reply is kind of
ridiculous. Don't you think?

And as far as the SPAM disclaimer you added with your information when you
registered on his website, until the Federal. Government passes the actual SPAM
legislation, you're S.O.L. on that as well.
-Jim Jr.
http://www.teamhornerfishing.com

Bob La Londe
October 13th, 2004, 06:50 PM
"Gale Ann" > wrote in message
> Yes he can add you to a spam list.YOU won't have any control over that, no
> matter what you type at the end of the forms.
> Just some friendly facts.

Yeah, I know that. The spam notice still dissuades soem.

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > Ok, this is funny. I talked with a friend of mine this morning who is
in
> > the fishing industry in this area. Aaron with RI called him and asked
if
> he
> > new me. My friend asked me what I said in my "e-mail" to him that got
him
> > so ticked off.
> >
> > So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if
it
> > was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over
site.

> > Now, I have to add... It was not actually an e-mail. The only way I
found
> > contact RI was through a reply form on their website which forces you to
> > register as a member of their site first, and then fill in all kinds of
> > information including phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to
> simply
> > ask a question. I could not even find a phone number on their site
until
> > after going through all of that.
> >
> > One thing I do and many others do as well is add a NO SPAM statement at
> the
> > end of the comment section for any form that forces you to give out all
> that
> > information.
> >
> > Mine goes soemthing like this:
> >
> > The e-mail, telephone, and other information given is for the sole and
> > express purpose of doing business at MY CONVENIENCE. There will be a
$500
> > charge for dealing with unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.
> >
> > My friend told me, that was the part that ticked him off and got him
> > swearing at me when he called me. ROFL.
> >
> > I guess Aaron doesn't have to set up filters to delete and sort a couple
> > hundred spam per day like I do. Either that or he was ticked off that
he
> > couldn't add my e-mail address to his spam list. LOL.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com

Bob La Londe
October 13th, 2004, 06:50 PM
"Gale Ann" > wrote in message
> Yes he can add you to a spam list.YOU won't have any control over that, no
> matter what you type at the end of the forms.
> Just some friendly facts.

Yeah, I know that. The spam notice still dissuades soem.

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > Ok, this is funny. I talked with a friend of mine this morning who is
in
> > the fishing industry in this area. Aaron with RI called him and asked
if
> he
> > new me. My friend asked me what I said in my "e-mail" to him that got
him
> > so ticked off.
> >
> > So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if
it
> > was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over
site.

> > Now, I have to add... It was not actually an e-mail. The only way I
found
> > contact RI was through a reply form on their website which forces you to
> > register as a member of their site first, and then fill in all kinds of
> > information including phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to
> simply
> > ask a question. I could not even find a phone number on their site
until
> > after going through all of that.
> >
> > One thing I do and many others do as well is add a NO SPAM statement at
> the
> > end of the comment section for any form that forces you to give out all
> that
> > information.
> >
> > Mine goes soemthing like this:
> >
> > The e-mail, telephone, and other information given is for the sole and
> > express purpose of doing business at MY CONVENIENCE. There will be a
$500
> > charge for dealing with unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.
> >
> > My friend told me, that was the part that ticked him off and got him
> > swearing at me when he called me. ROFL.
> >
> > I guess Aaron doesn't have to set up filters to delete and sort a couple
> > hundred spam per day like I do. Either that or he was ticked off that
he
> > couldn't add my e-mail address to his spam list. LOL.
> >
> > --
> > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > ** Weekly drawing
> > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> > ** www.YumaBassMan.com

Bob La Londe
October 13th, 2004, 07:28 PM
"James Horner" > wrote in message
> >So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if
it
> >was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over
site.

> Now Bob, I knew there was more to the story. When I asked you what you
said in
> your email, what you just posted isn't what you posted initialy. You
posted
> only that, "I asked him why he was discriminating against Arizona". That
was
> somewhat misleading, wouldn't you say? According to this post you actually
said
> quite a bit more, to which you got a nasty response.

Perhaps. My message was actually worded a little better than that. Since
it went through a form rather than e-mail I don't have a copy that I can go
back and read. I may have actually let me peave color my comments here more
than the original message since the telephone call he felt necessary to make
in order to tell me off directly.

> First you insinuate the guy of discriminating against Arizona, something
he has
> every right to do for whatever reason he chooses to do so. Then you insult
his
> web developer by calling him "incompetent". Did it ever occur to you that
the
> person you spoke with on the phone and the web developer may be the same
> person?

Afterwards it did. I didn't realize RI was such a small company. They come
off like a huge operation. Not a one horse shop.

> How would you respond to being called incompetent over something that
> could be a simple oversight, as you also suggested?

I am in business myself and I get all kinds of inquires from clients. Some
downright hostile. I like to think that my initial response is atleast an
attempt to find out and solve the problem. Of course I can understand the
urge to brush off or attack some, but I have learned over the years that
somewhat difficult clients can be the most profitable. 8 or 9 (maybe 10)
years ago I did an alarm system in a house for a guy and his wife. His wife
was somewhat difficult (no more so than I am sometimes), but we got it done
and we took care of the details. Last year I did over a $100K in digital
video systems in the guys businesses, and we have picked up four or five
other large jobs and half a dozen smaller jobs as a direct results of
refferals or relationships with this guy. All together over the years. I
would have to credit atleast some responsibilty to this guy for between 300
and 400 thousand dollars in jobs. We have just finished another decent job
as a direct result of the work we did for him, and we are putting togethor a
proposal for another large job for one of his companies.

I asked one of his managers last year when we were working on one site what
the guy thought of us. The manager said, "he said, 'Bob doesn't get along
with my wife very well, but he takes care of details and does a good job.'"
Now if I had told her off, and refused to take care of a few minor details
that we really weren't responsible for I would be much poorer today. I
certainly would not have gotten very far if I had decided back then that a
single home alarm was not worth the effrort or the hassle of dealing with
some things. I'm not saying I haven't lost my temper and told a few people
off becasue that wouldn't be true, but I try to atleast make sure that I do
my part to find common ground in the initial part of a conflict with a
customer.

I would like to point out that I had purchased products from RI's website in
the past, and I was suprised when I could no longer do so. I would also
like to point out that I had featured RI's products in atleast one article I
have had published.

> Simply asking if the lack
> of Arizona as an option was an oversight MIGHT not have resulted in the
> response that you received.

No doubt.

> You're right; your email could have been more
> 'tactful', because starting off with an email that could be
misinterpreted, and
> obviously was, as hostile and then to expect a friendly reply is kind of
> ridiculous. Don't you think?

Friendly? I never expected friendly. I was somewhat surprised though when
the guy decided to call me on the telephone and ream me out. He swore at me
first before saying anything of substance. Then it was an afterthought.
His purpose in calling me was clearly to cuss me out and had nothing to do
with business.

From a similar standpoint. I do not accept credit cards. I have had a few
customers get upset about it over the years. Some are very upset because
they can't use purchases from me to build points or air miles or whatever.
I always explain to them that I do not get enough requests for credit card
purchases to justify the expense. If I got more people who insisted on
paying with credit cards I would be glad to take them, but it would cost me
more on a monthly basis for the machine and services and account than I
would gian by having the service available. None have failed to understand
when I explained that to them rationally, and I don't think I have ever lost
a customer because of it. I certainly have not lost one because of the
ferocity of my "attack" when they asked about it.

> And as far as the SPAM disclaimer you added with your information when you
> registered on his website, until the Federal. Government passes the actual
SPAM
> legislation, you're S.O.L. on that as well.

I know that. You are correct, but the spam notice may dissuade a few. I
thought it was actually funny when that was what the guy turned out to be
upset about when he called my friend here locally to ask about me. I was
more amused that he took the effort to call other people to ask about me.

P.S. I told a customer yesterday that I wasn't willing to do what she
wanted to get her business on one job, but I didn't lose the customer. She
wanted a huge discount on a new installation and I explained that If she had
caught me at a slow time I might be willing to give her a bigger discount if
that was what I had to do to get the job, but because we are busy right now
I would not be willing to put off other jobs to do a less profitable job for
her. She would have to decide if our rapid response to problems was worth
the difference in price from quotes she may have from other companies. We
were both professional and confrontational in our conversation, but she is
still my client. I was not even offering a totally unique service.

I understand Aaron's response, but I don't agree with it and am disappointed
by it. I certainly intend to look for alternatives.

Bob La Londe
> [...]

that we really weren't responsible for I would be much poorer today. I
certainly would not have gotten very far if I had decided back then that a
single home alarm was not worth the effrort or the hassle of dealing with
some things. I'm not saying I haven't lost my temper and told a few people
off becasue that wouldn't be true, but I try to atleast make sure that I do
my part to find common ground in the initial part of a conflict with a
customer.

I would like to point out that I had purchased products from RI's website in
the past, and I was suprised when I could no longer do so. I would also
like to point out that I had featured RI's products in atleast one article I
have had published.

> Simply asking if the lack
> of Arizona as an option was an oversight MIGHT not have resulted in the

No doubt.

> You're right; your email could have been more
> 'tactful', because starting off with an email that could be
misinterpreted, and
> obviously was, as hostile and then to expect a friendly reply is kind of
> ridiculous. Don't you think?

Friendly? I never expected friendly. I was somewhat surprised though when
the guy decided to call me on the telephone and ream me out. He swore at me
first before saying anything of substance. Then it was an afterthought.
His purpose in calling me was clearly to cuss me out and had nothing to do
with business.

From a similar standpoint. I do not accept credit cards. I have had a few
customers get upset about it over the years. Some are very upset because
they can't use purchases from me to build points or air miles or whatever.
I always explain to them that I do not get enough requests for credit card
purchases to justify the expense. If I got more people who insisted on
paying with credit cards I would be glad to take them, but it would cost me
more on a monthly basis for the machine and services and account than I
would gian by having the service available. None have failed to understand
when I explained that to them rationally, and I don't think I have ever lost
a customer because of it. I certainly have not lost one because of the
ferocity of my "attack" when they asked about it.

> And as far as the SPAM disclaimer you added with your information when you
> registered on his website, until the Federal. Government passes the actual
SPAM
> legislation, you're S.O.L. on that as well.

I know that. You are correct, but the spam notice may dissuade a few. I
thought it was actually funny when that was what the guy turned out to be
upset about when he called my friend here locally to ask about me. I was
more amused that he took the effort to call other people to ask about me.

P.S. I told a customer yesterday that I wasn't willing to do what she
wanted to get her business on one job, but I didn't lose the customer. She
wanted a huge discount on a new installation and I explained that If she had
caught me at a slow time I might be willing to give her a bigger discount if
that was what I had to do to get the job, but because we are busy right now
I would not be willing to put off other jobs to do a less profitable job for
her. She would have to decide if our rapid response to problems was worth
the difference in price from quotes she may have from other companies. We
were both professional and confrontational in our conversation, but she is
still my client. I was not even offering a totally unique service.

I understand Aaron's response, but I don't agree with it and am disappointed
by it. I certainly intend to look for alternatives.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

James Horner
October 13th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Bob
Was all that gibberish what actually came up as my last post? That's
terrible...if so, I'll attempt to repost what should have been posted.

---
Now Bob, I knew there was more to the story. When I asked you what you said in
your email, what you initially posted isn't what you are saying now. You in
initially posted only that, "I asked him why he was discriminating against
Arizona?". That was somewhat misleading, wouldn't you say? According to your
most recent post, you actually said quite a bit more, to which you got a nasty
response. Now, I'm not condoning the way the guy acted, as I stated before I
think it's a terrible way for anyone to conduct business, but I can see where
he was coming from a little better now.

First you insinuated that the guy was discriminating against Arizona, something
he has every right to do for whatever reason he chooses to do so. Then you
insult his web developer by calling him "incompetent". Did it ever occur to you
that the person you spoke with on the phone and the web developer may be the
same person? How would you respond to being called "incompetent" over something
that could be a simple oversight, as you also suggested? Simply asking if the
lack of Arizona as an option was an oversight MIGHT not have resulted in the
response that you received. Then again, it may have had the same result. No one
will ever know. You're right; your email could have been more 'tactful' because
starting off with and email that could be misinterpreted, and obviously was
misinterpreted, as hostile and then to expect a friendly reply is kind of
ridiculous. Don't you think?

As far as the SPAM disclaimer you added with your information when you
registered with his website, until the Federal Government passes formal SPAM
legislation, you and everyone else are S.O.L. because the current filters are
only a temporary solution to an ever increasing problem.
[...]

October 13th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Gibberish?
Was that a humorous attempt to poke fun at my repsonse to your original
reply? Maybe a little tongue in cheek poke at my own upset with a less than
stellar response to my criticizm of RI.

If not, my news reader showed your original reply just fine, and here was my
reply. LOL

> [...]

that we really weren't responsible for I would be much poorer today. I
certainly would not have gotten very far if I had decided back then that a
single home alarm was not worth the effrort or the hassle of dealing with
some things. I'm not saying I haven't lost my temper and told a few people
off becasue that wouldn't be true, but I try to atleast make sure that I do
my part to find common ground in the initial part of a conflict with a
customer.

I would like to point out that I had purchased products from RI's website in
the past, and I was suprised when I could no longer do so. I would also
like to point out that I had featured RI's products in atleast one article I
have had published.

> Simply asking if the lack
> of Arizona as an option was an oversight MIGHT not have resulted in the

No doubt.

> You're right; your email could have been more
> 'tactful', because starting off with an email that could be
misinterpreted, and
> obviously was, as hostile and then to expect a friendly reply is kind of
> ridiculous. Don't you think?

Friendly? I never expected friendly. I was somewhat surprised though when
the guy decided to call me on the telephone and ream me out. He swore at me
first before saying anything of substance. Then it was an afterthought.
His purpose in calling me was clearly to cuss me out and had nothing to do
with business.

From a similar standpoint. I do not accept credit cards. I have had a few
> [...]

that we really weren't responsible for I would be much poorer today. I
certainly would not have gotten very far if I had decided back then that a
single home alarm was not worth the effrort or the hassle of dealing with
some things. I'm not saying I haven't lost my temper and told a few people
off becasue that wouldn't be true, but I try to atleast make sure that I do
my part to find common ground in the initial part of a conflict with a
customer.

I would like to point out that I had purchased products from RI's website in
the past, and I was suprised when I could no longer do so. I would also
like to point out that I had featured RI's products in atleast one article I
have had published.

> Simply asking if the lack
> of Arizona as an option was an oversight MIGHT not have resulted in the

No doubt.

> You're right; your email could have been more
> 'tactful', because starting off with an email that could be
misinterpreted, and
> obviously was, as hostile and then to expect a friendly reply is kind of
> ridiculous. Don't you think?

Friendly? I never expected friendly. I was somewhat surprised though when
the guy decided to call me on the telephone and ream me out. He swore at me
first before saying anything of substance. Then it was an afterthought.
His purpose in calling me was clearly to cuss me out and had nothing to do
with business.

From a similar standpoint. I do not accept credit cards. I have had a few
customers get upset about it over the years. Some are very upset because
they can't use purchases from me to build points or air miles or whatever.
I always explain to them that I do not get enough requests for credit card
purchases to justify the expense. If I got more people who insisted on
paying with credit cards I would be glad to take them, but it would cost me
more on a monthly basis for the machine and services and account than I
would gian by having the service available. None have failed to understand
when I explained that to them rationally, and I don't think I have ever lost
a customer because of it. I certainly have not lost one because of the
ferocity of my "attack" when they asked about it.

> And as far as the SPAM disclaimer you added with your information when you
> registered on his website, until the Federal. Government passes the actual
SPAM
> legislation, you're S.O.L. on that as well.

I know that. You are correct, but the spam notice may dissuade a few. I
thought it was actually funny when that was what the guy turned out to be
upset about when he called my friend here locally to ask about me. I was
more amused that he took the effort to call other people to ask about me.

P.S. I told a customer yesterday that I wasn't willing to do what she
wanted to get her business on one job, but I didn't lose the customer. She
wanted a huge discount on a new installation and I explained that If she had
caught me at a slow time I might be willing to give her a bigger discount if
that was what I had to do to get the job, but because we are busy right now
I would not be willing to put off other jobs to do a less profitable job for
her. She would have to decide if our rapid response to problems was worth
the difference in price from quotes she may have from other companies. We
were both professional and confrontational in our conversation, but she is
still my client. I was not even offering a totally unique service.

I understand Aaron's response, but I don't agree with it and am disappointed
by it. I certainly intend to look for alternatives.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Bob La Londe
October 13th, 2004, 08:17 PM
P.S. Of course another thing has occured to me. The old saw, "Say what you
want about me, but spell my name right." Aaron has probably gotten more
usenet exposure because of this rant of mine than any positive things I may
have said about his products in the past. LOL.

If ten people don't buy his products because I got my feelings hurt, and ten
thousand that didn't know about him do now, I bet the 100 or so new
customers will probably more than make up for the ten or so lost customers.

Sorry, I was originaly offended that he called me up to jump my case,but
over all I am more amused than anything. I've really found myself laughing
outload more than once about this. Oops... I guess that makes me a troll
huh? LOL.

--
[...]

October 13th, 2004, 08:50 PM
>Gibberish?
>Was that a humorous attempt to poke fun at my repsonse to your original
>reply? Maybe a little tongue in cheek poke at my own upset with a less than
>stellar response to my criticizm of RI.
>
>If not, my news reader showed your original reply just fine, and here was my
>reply. LOL

Hey Bob...
No, it must be my reader, I got all kinds of odd gibberish when I attempted to
read your response. No poking. I actually never saw your response because the
gibberish started in the middle of my own post. No harm, no foul. I commend
your professionalism and how you deal with your customers. I think that there
are many companies out there that could learn a thing or two about how to run a
profitable business without sacrificing the customer's satisfaction as a trade
off. You definitely have your act together.

There was no need for him to call you and ream you out, regardless of anything
else that went on. And there was definitely no need to resort to profanity. I
too am amused that they guy called around to see who else knew you. If he put
half as much effort into customer service, he'd probably be to busy to answer
the phone or make a call like that in the first place. That's too much. I'd
love to know his motivation for doing so...probably wondering if he's going to
get that $500 bill for the SPAM. LOL....might want to think about sending him
an invoice. OK, OK, that's just going to add fuel to his fire, but at this
point, it would be pretty humorous.
-Jim Jr.
http://www.teamhornerfishing.com

James Horner
October 13th, 2004, 08:50 PM
>Gibberish?
>Was that a humorous attempt to poke fun at my repsonse to your original
>reply? Maybe a little tongue in cheek poke at my own upset with a less than
>stellar response to my criticizm of RI.
>
>If not, my news reader showed your original reply just fine, and here was my
>reply. LOL

Hey Bob...
No, it must be my reader, I got all kinds of odd gibberish when I attempted to
read your response. No poking. I actually never saw your response because the
gibberish started in the middle of my own post. No harm, no foul. I commend
your professionalism and how you deal with your customers. I think that there
are many companies out there that could learn a thing or two about how to run a
profitable business without sacrificing the customer's satisfaction as a trade
off. You definitely have your act together.

There was no need for him to call you and ream you out, regardless of anything
else that went on. And there was definitely no need to resort to profanity. I
too am amused that they guy called around to see who else knew you. If he put
half as much effort into customer service, he'd probably be to busy to answer
the phone or make a call like that in the first place. That's too much. I'd
love to know his motivation for doing so...probably wondering if he's going to
get that $500 bill for the SPAM. LOL....might want to think about sending him
an invoice. OK, OK, that's just going to add fuel to his fire, but at this
point, it would be pretty humorous.
-Jim Jr.
http://www.teamhornerfishing.com

Bob La Londe
October 13th, 2004, 09:02 PM
"James Horner" > wrote in message
> >Gibberish?
> >Was that a humorous attempt to poke fun at my repsonse to your original
> >reply? Maybe a little tongue in cheek poke at my own upset with a less
than
> >stellar response to my criticizm of RI.
> >
> >If not, my news reader showed your original reply just fine, and here was
my
> >reply. LOL
>
> Hey Bob...
> No, it must be my reader, I got all kinds of odd gibberish when I
attempted to
> read your response. No poking. I actually never saw your response because
the
> gibberish started in the middle of my own post. No harm, no foul. I
commend
> your professionalism and how you deal with your customers. I think that
there
> are many companies out there that could learn a thing or two about how to
run a
> profitable business without sacrificing the customer's satisfaction as a
trade
> off. You definitely have your act together.
>
> There was no need for him to call you and ream you out, regardless of
anything
> else that went on. And there was definitely no need to resort to
profanity. I
> too am amused that they guy called around to see who else knew you. If he
put
> half as much effort into customer service, he'd probably be to busy to
answer
> the phone or make a call like that in the first place. That's too much.
I'd
> love to know his motivation for doing so...probably wondering if he's
going to
> get that $500 bill for the SPAM. LOL....might want to think about sending
him
> an invoice. OK, OK, that's just going to add fuel to his fire, but at this
> point, it would be pretty humorous.
> -Jim Jr.
> http://www.teamhornerfishing.com

Jim,

You are too much. I lost it when I read this. Thats on par with my wanting
to drop some of Rodney's products in Warren's tackle boxes when he isn't
looking. I really did laugh out loud when I read that.

Bob

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing
** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

October 13th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Reaction Innovations is owned by a pro basser originally from northern
CA that until a few years ago fished the local circuits only. He has
gone on to bigger tournaments nation wide and has done well. I have met
and talked to him over the years and he is not the person, Aaron, that
you talked to Bob. This guy must just be on the payroll, and true it is
a small company just trying to get off the ground. As for why he came on
so strong to you Bob, I have no answer.

sket

go-bassn
October 13th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Lol Bob, I'm locking my tackle lockers!

Warren

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> "James Horner" > wrote in message
> > >Gibberish?
> > >Was that a humorous attempt to poke fun at my repsonse to your original
> > >reply? Maybe a little tongue in cheek poke at my own upset with a less
> than
> > >stellar response to my criticizm of RI.
> > >
> > >If not, my news reader showed your original reply just fine, and here
was
> my
> > >reply. LOL
> >
> > Hey Bob...
> > No, it must be my reader, I got all kinds of odd gibberish when I
> attempted to
> > read your response. No poking. I actually never saw your response
because
> the
> > gibberish started in the middle of my own post. No harm, no foul. I
> commend
> > your professionalism and how you deal with your customers. I think that
> there
> > are many companies out there that could learn a thing or two about how
> run a
> > profitable business without sacrificing the customer's satisfaction as a
> trade
> > off. You definitely have your act together.
> >
> > There was no need for him to call you and ream you out, regardless of
> anything
> > else that went on. And there was definitely no need to resort to
> profanity. I
> > too am amused that they guy called around to see who else knew you. If
he
> put
> > half as much effort into customer service, he'd probably be to busy to
> answer
> > the phone or make a call like that in the first place. That's too much.
> I'd
> > love to know his motivation for doing so...probably wondering if he's
> going to
> > get that $500 bill for the SPAM. LOL....might want to think about
sending
> him
> > an invoice. OK, OK, that's just going to add fuel to his fire, but at
this
> > point, it would be pretty humorous.
> > -Jim Jr.
> > http://www.teamhornerfishing.com
>
> Jim,
>
> You are too much. I lost it when I read this. Thats on par with my
wanting
> to drop some of Rodney's products in Warren's tackle boxes when he isn't
> looking. I really did laugh out loud when I read that.
>
> Bob
>
> --
> ** FREE Fishing Lures
> ** Weekly drawing
> ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
> ** www.YumaBassMan.com

RGarri7470
October 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
>So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if it
>was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over site.

Not real surprised he had an attitude with you since you started out that way.
That explains a lot - people often respond to you the way you act toward them.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
October 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
>So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if it
>was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over site.

Not real surprised he had an attitude with you since you started out that way.
That explains a lot - people often respond to you the way you act toward them.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Bob La Londe
October 14th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Actually I am sure my original message was much tamer, but because the only
way to contact them was through a web form I don't have a copy to re-read.
My own peave after getting called at my office and reamed out profanely by
whoever it was that called has certainly flavored any comments I have had on
the company since.

I had not realized that it was simply because somebody at RI has an attitude
about collecting sales taxes to support the state where they live. By the
way. I have to fill out a sales taxe report every month just like any other
business in Arizona. It takes me about 5 minutes. I'm not even sure if
legally he can get out of filing sales tax reports anyway. Anything he
purchases from out of state and does not go directly into the product being
manufacturerd for resale he has to report on his tax form and pay use tax
on. Molds, office supplies. supplies to make molds, heaters, pouring
pots.. unless he bought them all in Arizona and paid sales tax on them he
has to report them on his tax form and pay use tax.

Basically they have a burr up their ... well, and they decided to take it
out on me because I asked why.

--

"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> >So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if
it
> >was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over
site.

> Not real surprised he had an attitude with you since you started out that
way.
> That explains a lot - people often respond to you the way you act toward
them.
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

Rodney
October 14th, 2004, 02:23 AM
RGarri7470 wrote:

> Not real surprised he had an attitude with you since you started out that way.
> That explains a lot - people often respond to you the way you act toward them.

H'mmmmmm

That might explain a lot on this group

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

go-bassn
October 14th, 2004, 04:37 AM
....as I suspected.

WW

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

> wrote in message
> Reaction Innovations is owned by a pro basser originally from northern
> CA that until a few years ago fished the local circuits only. He has
> gone on to bigger tournaments nation wide and has done well. I have met
> and talked to him over the years and he is not the person, Aaron, that
> you talked to Bob. This guy must just be on the payroll, and true it is
> a small company just trying to get off the ground. As for why he came on
> so strong to you Bob, I have no answer.
>
> sket

Gale Ann
October 14th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Agreed.

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> "Gale Ann" > wrote in message
> > Yes he can add you to a spam list.YOU won't have any control over that,
no
> > matter what you type at the end of the forms.
> > Just some friendly facts.
>
> Yeah, I know that. The spam notice still dissuades soem.
>

> > "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > > Ok, this is funny. I talked with a friend of mine this morning who is
> in
> > > the fishing industry in this area. Aaron with RI called him and asked
> if
> > he
> > > new me. My friend asked me what I said in my "e-mail" to him that got
> him
> > > so ticked off.
> > >
> > > So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and
if
> it
> > > was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over
> site.
> > >
> > > Now, I have to add... It was not actually an e-mail. The only way I
> found
> > > contact RI was through a reply form on their website which forces you
> > > register as a member of their site first, and then fill in all kinds
of
> > > information including phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to
> > simply
> > > ask a question. I could not even find a phone number on their site
> until
> > > after going through all of that.
> > >
> > > One thing I do and many others do as well is add a NO SPAM statement
at
> > the
> > > end of the comment section for any form that forces you to give out
all
> > that
> > > information.
> > >
> > > Mine goes soemthing like this:
> > >
> > > The e-mail, telephone, and other information given is for the sole and
> > > express purpose of doing business at MY CONVENIENCE. There will be a
> $500
> > > charge for dealing with unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.
> > >
> > > My friend told me, that was the part that ticked him off and got him
> > > swearing at me when he called me. ROFL.
> > >
> > > I guess Aaron doesn't have to set up filters to delete and sort a
couple
> > > hundred spam per day like I do. Either that or he was ticked off that
> he
> > > couldn't add my e-mail address to his spam list. LOL.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ** FREE Fishing Lures
> > > ** Weekly drawing
> > > ** Public Fishing and Boating Forums