PDA

View Full Version : Fishing help

Simon Adams
October 14th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Guys,

I am currently in the process of writing and launching a UK based
website that will, among other things, help people find new friends to
persue their hobbies. Fishing is one activity that we are concentrating
strongly on. I, however, have not fished in a while, and so was
wondering if you guys could spare 2 minutes to help me.

What I need to know, basically, is what the differences between course
and game fishing are. Also it would be very helpful if I can generate a
list of fish that people commonly go after in the UK.

Many many thanks,

Si

Derek.Moody
October 14th, 2004, 10:42 PM
In article >, Simon Adams
> wrote:

> What I need to know, basically, is what the differences between course
> and game fishing are. Also it would be very helpful if I can generate a
> list of fish that people commonly go after in the UK.

Google for these. They come around every couple of months.

Cheerio,

--

david
October 14th, 2004, 11:24 PM
It's COARSE and game.

The dictionary says game fishes are "fresh water fish not of the salmon
family" and it defines game as "animals hunted for sport or food". Si guess
the difference is that game anglers go after salmonids and coarse anglers
the rest!

Dont forget sea angling though!