PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice on SWL 2005 Lineup

Joe Haubenreich
October 11th, 2004, 12:33 PM
ROFB members have played a major roll in refinement and upgrading of the
Secret Weapon spinnerbait. Almost all of our first field testers and several
of our current prostaffers come from these ranks, and we've sponsored every
ROFB classic event for the past five years, providing lures, caps, decals,
and a few other prizes. We appreciate your assistance and willingness to
help us, so once again we're turning to you for your perspective as bass
anglers and tackle buyers.

As Bob Rickard, Charles Summers, and I consider our present lineup (See
http://secretweaponlures.com/spinnerbaits.htm), it seems to me that there
are a few redundancies as well as gaps in our offering. For instance, models
206 (Chartreuse Shad), 212 (Green Goddess), and 226 (Chartreuse/Green Back)
all fill the need for a darker, visually-bulkier chartreuse lure. It
occurred to us that buyers will choose one, but not two or all three, of
those models, so we're tying up money in inventory that we should be
spending to expand our lines. Of those three, which do you prefer?

Gaps.... what's is conspicuous in its absence? Consider the color patterns
that produce well for you, compare it to our lineup, and then let us know
what you recommend we add. We've already had calls to reinstate our #216 Red
Craw, and we plan to make a couple of changes (red shad head rather than
gold shad head, plus a change in skirt pattern) and then get it back up on
the chart.

What else do we lack? We're requesting that you post your recommendation
here. What we're looking for is a model name, description, and explanation
of why this is a good pattern with suggestions on its use. One model per
post, but there is no limit to the number of suggestions/posts per person.

As an incentive and in appreciation, if we add your suggestion(s) to our
2005 lineup, we'll send the first person to suggest it that new pattern in a
couple of sizes to use on your home waters.

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Joe Haubenreich
www.secretweaponlures.com

Carlos
October 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hi Joe,

Certainly the 206 and 226 are similar enough that perhaps one could be
phased out. But the Green Goddess needs to stay also.

What are you missing. An all white spinnerbait. That white crystal
used in the model 210 is what is missing. I use all white spinnerbaits
a lot. Those Silver Shiner and Shad versions are not white.

Best I can offer.

Later
Carlos

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
October 11th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Why not offer a three pack at a reduced price. You won't need to change the packaging, just mail back one of each in the same
envolope. Just a thought. Doc

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in message ...

[...]

October 12th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I don't know know if it's the muddy water here in Illinois or what, but
a bright white spinnerbait is a favorite of many. The Shelbyville bait
(LOL) has always been said to be a white spinnerbait, tandem blades, the
first a small red colorado. Funny, they do sell well in the shops here
in central IL.

I think it is good to match-the-hatch, and with the selection Secret
Weapon has a person could do that. But there are times when just
nothing else will do and I grab an all white spinnerbait with nickle blades.

Carlos

Bob Rickard
October 12th, 2004, 02:55 AM
We have been requested by an individual, who would probably be considered to
be the single biggest name in bass fishing, to design and build a special
proprietary 1/8 oz. ultralight spinnerbait for ultimate sales under his
brand name. Unfortunately, ;-( we are not at liberty to make that name
or any other further details public. The final prototypes are in production,
and additional information will be released when it is appropriate to do so.

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> An ultra small spinner bait in shad and baby bass patterns. I caught a
lot
> of fish in 1/8 oz sizes in the early summer last year when the fry was
> small.
>
> When I can see chasers during that time I know to throw a small bait.
>
> I might also suggest a prismatic willow blade, as an option for breaking
up
> the flash a little bit. Mepps did that on their in-line plastic minnow
> spinners many years ago, and it was the first lure I caught a bass in the
> Colorado River with way back when I was in the sixth grade. For a bit if
> stretch one of the kids that showed me that bait called them "Weapons."
He
> was a bit lysdexic and he confused the M for a W on the lures. Wepps as
in
> short for...
>
> Bob La Londe
> www.YumaBassMan.com
>

> "Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
> message ...
> > ROFB members have played a major roll in refinement and upgrading of the
> > Secret Weapon spinnerbait. Almost all of our first field testers and
> several
> > of our current prostaffers come from these ranks, and we've sponsored
> every
> > ROFB classic event for the past five years, providing lures, caps,
decals,
> > and a few other prizes. We appreciate your assistance and willingness to
> > help us, so once again we're turning to you for your perspective as bass
> > anglers and tackle buyers.
> >
> > As Bob Rickard, Charles Summers, and I consider our present lineup (See
> > http://secretweaponlures.com/spinnerbaits.htm), it seems to me that
there
> > are a few redundancies as well as gaps in our offering. For instance,
> models
> > 206 (Chartreuse Shad), 212 (Green Goddess), and 226 (Chartreuse/Green
> Back)
> > all fill the need for a darker, visually-bulkier chartreuse lure. It
> > occurred to us that buyers will choose one, but not two or all three, of
> > those models, so we're tying up money in inventory that we should be
> > spending to expand our lines. Of those three, which do you prefer?
> >
> > Gaps.... what's is conspicuous in its absence? Consider the color
patterns
> > that produce well for you, compare it to our lineup, and then let us
know
> > what you recommend we add. We've already had calls to reinstate our #216
> Red
> > Craw, and we plan to make a couple of changes (red shad head rather than
> > gold shad head, plus a change in skirt pattern) and then get it back up
on
> > the chart.
> >
> > What else do we lack? We're requesting that you post your recommendation
> > here. What we're looking for is a model name, description, and
explanation
> > of why this is a good pattern with suggestions on its use. One model per
> > post, but there is no limit to the number of suggestions/posts per
person.

> > As an incentive and in appreciation, if we add your suggestion(s) to our
> > 2005 lineup, we'll send the first person to suggest it that new pattern
in
> > couple of sizes to use on your home waters.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > --
> > Joe Haubenreich
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> > _______________________

Joe Haubenreich
October 12th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Hey, Larry.... where've you been?

We have no intention to drop those popular models. I'd have to fight some
people if we eliminated Firetiger, Midnight Snack II, Wounded Minnow.... and
a few of my favorites like Baby Bass. We're just trying to tighten up our
lines to eliminate lures that fall in the same niche, and the fill in the
gaps. So far we seem to have some enthusiasm for all-white and our red craw.
Also some patterns that resemble forage species, like pumpkinseed and
bluegill.

Joe
____________

"Larry Runkle" > wrote in message

Of those three, which do you prefer?

> Thanks in advance for your help.
> --
> Joe Haubenreich
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> _______________________

Joe, I would first say the firetiger, but I'm sure your keeping that one.
The same with the Midnight Snack II. But the one I really want you to keep
in your line up is the Wounded Shad. It has become my goto lure when I fish
water that is somewhat clear.

Opps, that's three in one post, sorry Joe, I just couldn't help myself. What
ya expect from someone from Arkansas. :-)

Larry

Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)
October 12th, 2004, 04:24 AM
If I remember correctly, Brian Greer won the Mid-Tenn. Classic in 2001, with
him and Rod Storm throwing a downsized white spinnerbait. I'd have to say
that a few of us definitely consider Green Goddess, Firetiger, Midnight
Snack, and Baby Bass a plus factor in the SW lineup. Those few are a
mainstay in my Plano box, along with a few extras. In Michigan it seems that
Green Pumpkin is a go-to color with almost any bait/lure that we throw,
along with Watermelon Green.

"Joe Haubenreich" <rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com> wrote in
message ...
> Hey, Larry.... where've you been?
>
> We have no intention to drop those popular models. I'd have to fight some
> people if we eliminated Firetiger, Midnight Snack II, Wounded Minnow....
and
> a few of my favorites like Baby Bass. We're just trying to tighten up our
> lines to eliminate lures that fall in the same niche, and the fill in the
> gaps. So far we seem to have some enthusiasm for all-white and our red
craw.
> Also some patterns that resemble forage species, like pumpkinseed and
> bluegill.
>
> Joe
> ____________
>
> "Larry Runkle" > wrote in message
>
> Of those three, which do you prefer?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > --
> > Joe Haubenreich
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > First real spinnerbait change in 50 years!
> > _______________________
> >

> Joe, I would first say the firetiger, but I'm sure your keeping that one.
> The same with the Midnight Snack II. But the one I really want you to keep
> in your line up is the Wounded Shad. It has become my goto lure when I
fish
> water that is somewhat clear.
>
> Opps, that's three in one post, sorry Joe, I just couldn't help myself.
What
> ya expect from someone from Arkansas. :-)
>
> Larry

Larry Runkle
October 14th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Hey Joe, just been out here lurking now and then. Just haven't found the
time to get out fishin as much this year. But plan on some this fall. And I
would really be interested in seeing that bluegill pattern. I'll keep an eye
out for it.

Larry