PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Cuba

Gareth
October 15th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Anyone know if its worth taking a rod to Guardalavaca in Cuba?

Gareth Smith

Peter Holt
October 15th, 2004, 06:18 PM
I have never been to Cuba but I have fished in the Florida Keys that are
only about 100 miles away. The fishing there, from bridge, pier or boat, is
fantastic. I would imagine that the fishing in Cuba would be very similar.
It would be very remiss of you not to take a rod and I am sure that you
would regret it if you didn't. I have found that a couple of telescopic
rods are ideal as they will fit in a suitcase or can be put in a separate
tube to protect them.
Have a good time.
Peter.

"Gareth" > wrote in message
> Anyone know if its worth taking a rod to Guardalavaca in Cuba?
>
> Gareth Smith

SEAANGLING
October 15th, 2004, 09:57 PM
>Anyone know if its worth taking a rod to Guardalavaca in Cuba?

Have a look at the Fladen travel rods sold by YYS, beach, boat, fly, match,
fits in a short tube that fits in a case or you can carry it. Nice action and
not expensive,
cheers, Norman.

SEAANGLING
October 15th, 2004, 09:57 PM
>Anyone know if its worth taking a rod to Guardalavaca in Cuba?

Have a look at the Fladen travel rods sold by YYS, beach, boat, fly, match,
fits in a short tube that fits in a case or you can carry it. Nice action and
not expensive,
cheers, Norman.

The Big Man
October 17th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Had a look at the boat versions and the ones I saw had a weird flat spot.
There is a new uptider version due which is excellent though. Shimano
versions also look good but a bit more expensive.

The Big Man