PDA

View Full Version : fishing log

Lure builder
October 16th, 2004, 02:59 AM
I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are quite
meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many fish caught.
In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running total. This helps me
in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I also like to exceed the
previous year's tally. Others in the group may want to follow my lead in this
area.

John Kerr
October 16th, 2004, 01:07 PM
fishing log

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Sat, Oct 16, 2004, 1:59am (CDT+5)
From: (Lure=A0builder)
I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are
quite meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many
fish caught. In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running
total. This helps me in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I
also like to exceed the previous year's tally. Others in the group may
want to follow my lead in this area.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
I need a few more details before following your lead....What color
notebook do you reccomend for best results, and does it have to be a 3
ring one, could I possibly use a 2 ring binder with the same results?
Also, do you use pencil or ink for the entries...seems like pencil would
be best, so one could "cook" the books so to speak.
Sorry...just couldn't resist!
JK

From: (Lure=A0builder)
I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are
quite meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many
fish caught. In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running
total. This helps me in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I
also like to exceed the previous year's tally. Others in the group may
want to follow my lead in this area.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
I need a few more details before following your lead....What color
notebook do you reccomend for best results, and does it have to be a 3
ring one, could I possibly use a 2 ring binder with the same results?
Also, do you use pencil or ink for the entries...seems like pencil would
be best, so one could "cook" the books so to speak.
Sorry...just couldn't resist!
JK

Lure builder
October 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
>I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are
>quite meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many
>fish caught. In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running
>total. This helps me in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I
>also like to exceed the previous year's tally. Others in the group may
>want to follow my lead in this area.
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>I need a few more details before following your lead....What color
>notebook do you reccomend for best results, and does it have to be a 3
>ring one, could I possibly use a 2 ring binder with the same results?
>Also, do you use pencil or ink for the entries...seems like pencil would
>be best, so one could "cook" the books so to speak.
>Sorry...just couldn't resist!
>JK
John
My notebook is 3 ring since they are commonly available, 2 ring are more rare.
My notebook has a holographic picture of a grizzly on the cover. My pen is of
erasable ink but i don't alter the tally.
I went fishing this morning so I have to make an entry in my log and increase
the tally by six. Not bad...eh

Lure builder
October 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
>I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are
>quite meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many
>fish caught. In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running
>total. This helps me in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I
>also like to exceed the previous year's tally. Others in the group may
>want to follow my lead in this area.
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>I need a few more details before following your lead....What color
>notebook do you reccomend for best results, and does it have to be a 3
>ring one, could I possibly use a 2 ring binder with the same results?
>Also, do you use pencil or ink for the entries...seems like pencil would
>be best, so one could "cook" the books so to speak.
>Sorry...just couldn't resist!
>JK
John
My notebook is 3 ring since they are commonly available, 2 ring are more rare.
My notebook has a holographic picture of a grizzly on the cover. My pen is of
erasable ink but i don't alter the tally.
I went fishing this morning so I have to make an entry in my log and increase
the tally by six. Not bad...eh

Illinois Fisherman
October 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Wink... Wink... Nudge..... Nudge.... Know what I mean..... Know what I
mean....

From: (Lure builder)
=========
I need a few more details before following your lead....What color
notebook do you reccomend for best results, and does it have to be a 3
ring one, could I possibly use a 2 ring binder with the same results?
Also, do you use pencil or ink for the entries...seems like pencil would
be best, so one could "cook" the books so to speak.
Sorry...just couldn't resist!
JK

Jeff Durham
October 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Hey lad! Clip that three ring binder through your nose or ear and it will
always be readily available. Let us know how that works out for you.

Jeff

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are
>quite
> meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many fish
> caught.
> In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running total. This
> helps me
> in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I also like to exceed
> the
> previous year's tally. Others in the group may want to follow my lead in
> this
> area.

Jeff Durham
October 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Hey lad! Clip that three ring binder through your nose or ear and it will
always be readily available. Let us know how that works out for you.

Jeff

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
>I keep a log of my fishing outings in a 3 ring notebook, The details are
>quite
> meager. Basically when (am or pm), where, lure used and how many fish
> caught.
> In the margin I record the fish caught and keep a running total. This
> helps me
> in the ensuing year as to when and where to fish. I also like to exceed
> the
> previous year's tally. Others in the group may want to follow my lead in
> this
> area.

spoonplugger
October 16th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Hey Eric
I just found Al's secret...
should have those lures in no time now...
Wayne
"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:09:27 -0400, "Jeff Durham"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hey lad! Clip that three ring binder through your nose or ear and it
will
> >always be readily available. Let us know how that works out for you.
>
> Jeff, be nice to Al.
>
> I'm still waiting for my lure, though I wonder how I'm going to get
> it with all of this fishing talk going on.

> "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending
> to be, there is a major confrontation with value and
> self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
> - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of
> Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving
> undeserved decorations

spoonplugger
October 16th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Hey Eric
I just found Al's secret...
should have those lures in no time now...
Wayne
"Eric Dreher" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:09:27 -0400, "Jeff Durham"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hey lad! Clip that three ring binder through your nose or ear and it
will
> >always be readily available. Let us know how that works out for you.
>
> Jeff, be nice to Al.
>
> I'm still waiting for my lure, though I wonder how I'm going to get
> it with all of this fishing talk going on.

> "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending
> to be, there is a major confrontation with value and
> self-esteem and your sense of how others view you."
> - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of
> Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving
> undeserved decorations

spoonplugger
October 16th, 2004, 11:23 PM
should have also added that the pic is in A.B.P.F
my bad...