PDA

View Full Version : Re: Trailer winch

Lindsay
October 12th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Garry Beattie wrote:

> Hi Guys.
>
> I have snapped the main drum axle in my electric "Supercrap" boat winch and
> have decided that I will replace it with a manual one.
> I have picked out a couple of suitable 10:1/5:1/1:1 manual winches but some
> have the black webbing and some have cable.
>
> I know cable is good but it also tends to twist and is awkward when pulling
> out of the drum. The webbing type seems much easier to handle but is there
> any negatives with the webbing?

As far as I'm concerned, cable sucks. After getting stabbed in the
hand and fingers by frayed wire, I turfed the wire, bought a strap
and havent looked back. The nylon webbing/strap is one of the best
things to happen to boats in ages.

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN