PDA

View Full Version : first cod trip at Needles Isle of wight 18th oct

andy barnes
October 19th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Went out about 9.30 more to test the boat than anything.A flooding spring
tide with a nw wind is always a chalenge in a small boat in the needles
race.Dropped the hook and started to fish,first drop had a classic cod bite
and fluffed it up.Loads of pout doggies and some nice whiting but only one
serious bite.
tight lines Andy Barnes

david
October 19th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I went out this morning too, aboard Electric Blue.. Went out past needles,
far to ruff!!!

Went back into solent and sat on two marks. First one I landed a bass,
second one the other two chaps landed one each.

Nice day out, my first boat fishing trip. Certainly not the last!

David

Chris Mitchell
October 22nd, 2004, 05:26 AM
Does this mean there were only the three of you on the boat?

Don't expect it to be this good every time :-)