PDA

View Full Version : wave/tide conditions?

willherb
October 21st, 2004, 01:07 PM
is there a web site to show what the tide/waves will be like in advance?
Preferably on which is a few days advanced warning. also preferable for the
Dover area

nospamhereplease
October 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM
willherb wrote:
> is there a web site to show what the tide/waves will be like in advance?
> Preferably on which is a few days advanced warning. also preferable for the
> Dover area

Try the UKHMO site here for tides times:

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide/EasyTide/index.aspx

Regards,

Ian Sutherland

nospamhereplease
October 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM
willherb wrote:
> is there a web site to show what the tide/waves will be like in advance?
> Preferably on which is a few days advanced warning. also preferable for the
> Dover area

Try the UKHMO site here for tides times:

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide/EasyTide/index.aspx

Regards,

Ian Sutherland

Figment
October 21st, 2004, 07:07 PM
Try
http://theyr.net/cg/cny/I1c0d2e/F=js*v*041021*18*EN*engl_CobbsQuay
It gives the weather, rain,Wind, Temp etc

"willherb" > wrote in message
> is there a web site to show what the tide/waves will be like in advance?
> Preferably on which is a few days advanced warning. also preferable for
> the
> Dover area

ali-p
October 21st, 2004, 11:40 PM
try here:
www.seafishingonline.com/seatidetables.htm

"Figment" > wrote in message
> Try
> http://theyr.net/cg/cny/I1c0d2e/F=js*v*041021*18*EN*engl_CobbsQuay
> It gives the weather, rain,Wind, Temp etc
>

> "willherb" > wrote in message
>> is there a web site to show what the tide/waves will be like in advance?
>> Preferably on which is a few days advanced warning. also preferable for
>> the
>> Dover area

Chris Mitchell
October 25th, 2004, 05:35 AM
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/United_Kingdom.shtml

But it doesn't do predictions.

"nospamhereplease" ">
wrote in message ...
> willherb wrote:
> > is there a web site to show what the tide/waves will be like in advance?
> > Preferably on which is a few days advanced warning. also preferable for
the
> > Dover area
> >

> Try the UKHMO site here for tides times:
>
> http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide/EasyTide/index.aspx
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Sutherland

Martin H
October 29th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I asked a similar question in the past and this link was given.
http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php
There has been an offset introduced but I am sure you will be able to work
it out or if you like the site you may want to subscribe. By the way I have
no connection with the site but it is pretty accurate. Some areas have the
wave height.

cheers
Martin