PDA

View Full Version : Makeral in Loch Fyne

Well-Tech Ltd
October 24th, 2004, 09:30 PM
There was a post here a week or so ago, saying that makeral were still to be
found in Loch Fyne. Anyone know if they are still about or how long they
normally hang around there as winter approaches ?

Trying to squeeze one last trip out in the dinghy before santa comes ;-)

Regards,

Ally

--
Ally Maxwell
www.rodsandtackle.co.uk

Scott
October 25th, 2004, 05:59 PM
It was me who posted last week, and there was plenty around then. We were
fishing out from Strachur just drifting around in the boat. We got around 3
dozen in a couple of hours.
Cheers
Scott
"Well-Tech Ltd" > wrote in message
> There was a post here a week or so ago, saying that makeral were still to
> be found in Loch Fyne. Anyone know if they are still about or how long
> they normally hang around there as winter approaches ?
>
> Trying to squeeze one last trip out in the dinghy before santa comes ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ally
>
> --
> Ally Maxwell
> www.rodsandtackle.co.uk

Scott
October 25th, 2004, 05:59 PM
It was me who posted last week, and there was plenty around then. We were
fishing out from Strachur just drifting around in the boat. We got around 3
dozen in a couple of hours.
Cheers
Scott
"Well-Tech Ltd" > wrote in message
> There was a post here a week or so ago, saying that makeral were still to
> be found in Loch Fyne. Anyone know if they are still about or how long
> they normally hang around there as winter approaches ?
>
> Trying to squeeze one last trip out in the dinghy before santa comes ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ally
>
> --
> Ally Maxwell
> www.rodsandtackle.co.uk

Well-Tech Ltd
October 25th, 2004, 11:07 PM
"Scott" > wrote in message
> It was me who posted last week, and there was plenty around then. We were
> fishing out from Strachur just drifting around in the boat. We got around
> 3 dozen in a couple of hours.
> Cheers
> Scott

Thanks for that Scott. I'm pretty new to sea fishing, more into coarse and
fly, but my daughter liked sea fishing 'cause we caught a lot more ;-) We
spent most sundays in August drifting around in the boat around Inverary and
furnace. Just fancied one more go before putting the boat away for the
winter.

Cheers,

Ally
www.rodsandtackle.co.uk

Dave P
October 26th, 2004, 09:04 PM

> Thanks for that Scott. I'm pretty new to sea fishing, more into coarse and
> fly, but my daughter liked sea fishing 'cause we caught a lot more ;-) We
> spent most sundays in August drifting around in the boat around Inverary
> and furnace. Just fancied one more go before putting the boat away for the
> winter.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ally
> www.rodsandtackle.co.uk

I had a few today from the shore by Para Handy's Cafe.

Dave

Dave P
October 26th, 2004, 09:04 PM