PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing in the Winter Classes Available

news.comcast.giganews.com
October 27th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Now open

Boxwood Gulch Ranch, Longmeadow Ranch, and the North Fork Guest Ranch
Colorado

http://www.bluequillangler.com/news/news2004-winter.html

Michael P. Thompson
October 28th, 2004, 01:27 AM
On 10/27/04 2:06 AM, in article ,
""Hooked"" > wrote:

> Far out man.
>
> Fly ice fishing.
>
> And imagine picking up for another cast. Plenty of load on the rod after the
> line freezes to the whole damned river!!!

It's quite possible to fish many streams in Colorado during the winter. They
only freeze up during extended periods of very cold weather, and we tend to
get alternating cold and warm.

--
Join the fun! Join the forum!
http://www.coloradoflyfishing.us

Bob La Londe
October 31st, 2004, 04:32 PM
I would think that some kind of water repellant coating would help a lot
with line icing. Maybe a thin coat of wax all up and down the line. You
would have to use a heavy fly for wet fly presentations, but it should
reduce ice up from the line lifting a small amount of water up into the
subfreezing air.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing