PDA

View Full Version : Good quality Fixed spool?

fantom
November 1st, 2004, 08:55 PM
Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?

thanks in advance

Lucky Luke
November 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM
"fantom" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?

About fixed spool one thing is for sure. Buy *only* Daiwa or Shimano.
The others are not good.

I can't recommend a particular one. Depend on how much you can spend.
Shimano Stella(Star) is the best but it cost a lot. About 200 pounds i
think, if not more...

Lucky Luke
November 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM
"fantom" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?

About fixed spool one thing is for sure. Buy *only* Daiwa or Shimano.
The others are not good.

I can't recommend a particular one. Depend on how much you can spend.
Shimano Stella(Star) is the best but it cost a lot. About 200 pounds i
think, if not more...

November 3rd, 2004, 01:48 PM
I use a Diawa emblem 6000T as well as my abus etc and never had a problem
with it

SEAANGLING
November 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
> Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?

The Shakespears K2 Powerplay, loads of bearings, 2 spools and under £100,
depending on where you buy.

SEAANGLING
November 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
> Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?

The Shakespears K2 Powerplay, loads of bearings, 2 spools and under £100,
depending on where you buy.

Peter Smith
November 3rd, 2004, 06:07 PM
Agree with the K2 I have one - ideally matche to my K2 rods.

Also Consider Shimano Biomaster.

Tend to carry a fixed spool in case I am having a bad multiplier day (watch
the Birdie!).... starting to get used less frequently now though....

Watch the ring size/spacing on the rod if you intend to fish fixed spool
especially the bottom rings which are usually bigger on a tod designed for
Fixed spool use. Also consider using a casting trigger to save the
fingers...

Tight Lines.

-Sorry SEANGLING clicked Reply by mistake...-

"SEAANGLING" > wrote in message
>> Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?
>>>

> The Shakespears K2 Powerplay, loads of bearings, 2 spools and under £100,
> depending on where you buy.

---

fantom
November 4th, 2004, 12:27 AM
"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone recommend a high quality, beachcasting fixed spool reel?
>
> thanks in advance

Ahoy Shipmates, thanks for all the replies, appreciated, i managed to get a
'Daiwa Emblem X 5000A' cheap so i am looking foward to using it. Now,
second question, were can i get a casting trigger from online? Ive been
casting by letting go of the line completly once lead is in the air above
and over me, i take it this is wrong!?

November 4th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Hi if you need a casting trigger online from Veals mail order
(http://veals.co.uk/) They do two types.

Hope this helps

SEAANGLING
November 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
>second question, were can i get a casting trigger from online?

Contact Breakaway who make them, e-mail is,
phone, 01473 741393, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you your local stockist,
cheers, Norman.

SEAANGLING
November 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM