PDA

View Full Version : storing Stretch and Rapalas

Farooq
November 2nd, 2004, 04:35 AM
Hello:

I would like to know the best way to store Manns Stretch 30+ and
Rapala CD-18 style lures. I have been using the cardboard boxes that
they came in but after a few trips they fall apart and then reaching
into my tackle duffle bag means getting your fingers pricked!!!

What do other people do?

thanks,

FGA

Sam Salmon
November 2nd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Depending how many you have a Pano 3700 size plastic box works 'ok'.
Or if you're using them aboard a roomy boat you can scoop one of those
20 litre pails that so many things come in these days, notch the rim
and hang them in it.

On 1 Nov 2004 20:35:51 -0800, (Farooq) wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I would like to know the best way to store Manns Stretch 30+ and
>Rapala CD-18 style lures. I have been using the cardboard boxes that
>they came in but after a few trips they fall apart and then reaching
>into my tackle duffle bag means getting your fingers pricked!!!
>
>What do other people do?
>
>thanks,
>
>FGA

Sam Salmon
November 2nd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Depending how many you have a Pano 3700 size plastic box works 'ok'.
Or if you're using them aboard a roomy boat you can scoop one of those
20 litre pails that so many things come in these days, notch the rim
and hang them in it.

On 1 Nov 2004 20:35:51 -0800, (Farooq) wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I would like to know the best way to store Manns Stretch 30+ and
>Rapala CD-18 style lures. I have been using the cardboard boxes that
>they came in but after a few trips they fall apart and then reaching
>into my tackle duffle bag means getting your fingers pricked!!!
>
>What do other people do?
>
>thanks,
>
>FGA

Sam Salmon
November 2nd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Depending how many you have a Pano 3700 size plastic box works 'ok'.
Or if you're using them aboard a roomy boat you can scoop one of those
20 litre pails that so many things come in these days, notch the rim
and hang them in it.

On 1 Nov 2004 20:35:51 -0800, (Farooq) wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I would like to know the best way to store Manns Stretch 30+ and
>Rapala CD-18 style lures. I have been using the cardboard boxes that
>they came in but after a few trips they fall apart and then reaching
>into my tackle duffle bag means getting your fingers pricked!!!
>
>What do other people do?
>
>thanks,
>
>FGA

LD
November 6th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I have two tackle boxes, one for bottom fishing, the other for trolling.
You can get this design, (I think it's a Plano) most anywhere but the
variation I like is the one with long slots that will take a 10" lure, 3-4
or so in the top and in the bottom, maybe 2ea 4-6" lures per slot times 4.
(I believe I have 2-3 Stretch 25's and one larger. The box is not here so I
can't check).The top also has the right half in a big, maybe 8 x 12 "tray"
that holds several jigs with the 2-3' of ss leader attached or just 6" coils
of ss leader.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=42515&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults
Take a look next time you go into Wal or Kmart. The box is cheap, lures easy
to get to--works for me!
LD