PDA

View Full Version : re Indonesian prawns

david
November 3rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
As bait. I saw an article in one of the latest mags, but I cant find it
now, which said that the latest Indonesian prawns sold in tescos,
sainsbury's et al make very good bait. I cant find these prawns...are they
frozen? fresh shelled? in their shells? Anyone know?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again??

David

Greengrass
November 3rd, 2004, 07:37 PM
I can not find them ether some bugger has bought the job lot
"david" > wrote in message
> As bait. I saw an article in one of the latest mags, but I cant find it
> now, which said that the latest Indonesian prawns sold in tescos,
> sainsbury's et al make very good bait. I cant find these prawns...are
> they frozen? fresh shelled? in their shells? Anyone know?
>
> Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again??
>
> David

Derek.Moody
November 3rd, 2004, 09:20 PM
In article >, david
> wrote:
> As bait. I saw an article in one of the latest mags, but I cant find it
> now, which said that the latest Indonesian prawns sold in tescos,
> sainsbury's et al make very good bait. I cant find these prawns...are they
> frozen? fresh shelled? in their shells? Anyone know?

You've probably eaten them in a late-night takeaway.

They are large farmed prawns, usually ready shelled. They might make a
reasonable scent bait in an emergency but if you're looking for such from a
supermarket you'll do better to buy a pack of sliced liver.

Shelled, or any other dead prawns must be pretty much on a par with shelled
dead UK crustacea which in general are ok as a change bait but not a patch
on peelers for scent bait or live prawns as sight/vibration baits.

Cheerio,

--

david
November 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Apparently they are available in Iceland on a BOGOF deal!

"Greengrass" > wrote in message
. uk...
>I can not find them ether some bugger has bought the job lot
> "david" > wrote in message
>> As bait. I saw an article in one of the latest mags, but I cant find it
>> now, which said that the latest Indonesian prawns sold in tescos,
>> sainsbury's et al make very good bait. I cant find these prawns...are
>> they frozen? fresh shelled? in their shells? Anyone know?
>>
>> Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again??
>>
>> David

Marty
November 5th, 2004, 12:56 AM
"david" > wrote in message
> Apparently they are available in Iceland on a BOGOF deal!
>

> "Greengrass" > wrote in message
> . uk...
> >I can not find them ether some bugger has bought the job lot
> > "david" > wrote in message
> >> As bait. I saw an article in one of the latest mags, but I cant find
it
> >> now, which said that the latest Indonesian prawns sold in tescos,
> >> sainsbury's et al make very good bait. I cant find these prawns...are
> >> they frozen? fresh shelled? in their shells? Anyone know?
> >>
> >> Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again??
> >>
> >> David

I believe that they are called "Raw Tiger Prawns" and Asda also stock them
!(on special £1.68 a pack)

Marty
November 5th, 2004, 12:56 AM
"david" > wrote in message
> Apparently they are available in Iceland on a BOGOF deal!
>

> "Greengrass" > wrote in message
> . uk...
> >I can not find them ether some bugger has bought the job lot
> > "david" > wrote in message
> >> As bait. I saw an article in one of the latest mags, but I cant find
it
> >> now, which said that the latest Indonesian prawns sold in tescos,
> >> sainsbury's et al make very good bait. I cant find these prawns...are
> >> they frozen? fresh shelled? in their shells? Anyone know?
> >>
> >> Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again??
> >>
> >> David

I believe that they are called "Raw Tiger Prawns" and Asda also stock them
!(on special £1.68 a pack)

david
November 5th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Marty, thanks for that info. If thats the case then I HAVE seen them is
Tesco under that name. Black and grey in colour, about 2.5in long.

Thanks.

David

david
November 5th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Marty, thanks for that info. If thats the case then I HAVE seen them is
Tesco under that name. Black and grey in colour, about 2.5in long.

Thanks.

David

SEAANGLING
November 5th, 2004, 05:16 PM
>Marty, thanks for that info. If thats the case then I HAVE seen them is
>Tesco under that name. Black and grey in colour, about 2.5in long.

That's them.

SEAANGLING
November 5th, 2004, 05:16 PM
>Marty, thanks for that info. If thats the case then I HAVE seen them is
>Tesco under that name. Black and grey in colour, about 2.5in long.

That's them.

MARK
November 5th, 2004, 07:05 PM
best thing you can use them for is bait....apparently they're pumped full of
growth hormone and antibiotics in indonesia to get the size......hardly
great for human consumption !!!

mark