PDA

View Full Version : Naples fishing report oct. 23rd.

TidalFish.com
November 4th, 2004, 03:26 PM
More Reports Available at Tidal Fish
http://www.TidalFish.com

Marcel_Karssies writes:

Better late than never as they say. This is the last fishing report
from Naples. One of the souvenirs I took with me from Naples was a
cold thus that is why I am typing a report here on the other side of
the pond in the middle of the night (can't sleep).

During my stay in Naples I used the server at the Everglades angler
store as a backup to store all my images from the digital camera. The
last backups where put on CD-rom that afternoon and then we would go
fishing with Diamond Dave at Doctors pass.
As we drove to the pass I asked Diamond Dave where he was going, I got
the impression he went to far North. Seemed he always fished the north
side of Doctors pass instead of the south side I favored.

We stopped at one of the last public beach accesses and had to walk
quite a distance to get to the northern jetty. Underway we where
mistakenly identified as citizens from England by one of the
surferdudes on the beach (maybe lost from California?)

Maybe it was the tan, maybe the flyfishing gear. I guess we will never
now. At the beach Snook appeared and we all started casting to them.
Fish followed but there where no takers. At the jetty we dispersed all
over the place and started to fish. The tide was not running so all
was pretty dead. It was so dead that we soon decided to leave for the
next pass down south, Gordon pass.

We walked all the way back to the beach access, hopped in the car and
went south. Diamond Dave had to make a visit to the neatly camouflaged
7-11 store (different sign) in the posh 3rd street downtown Naples
area. It looked so out of place with all those fancy eateries and
galleries in that neighborhood.

At the last beach-access on 33 Ave. South we parked the car and headed
to the pass. There where no signs of Snook on the beach so we where
hoping that they still would be in the pass like some days ago.