PDA

View Full Version : Channels on the beach

Neil J
November 5th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I have been fishing for years thinking that the channels run parrallel to
the beach - and now, in South East Fishing, there is an article by a guy
saying that the channels are where the rips are - eg where the waves don't
break.

I would have thought there were channels that run parrallel to the beach
then out where they meet - but not according to this chap.

So where do I fish - in a channel parrallel to the beach if there is such a
thing or in the rip ???

N.

JEWEL
November 6th, 2004, 07:54 AM
They are all fish highways!

Gutters running into rips are where the water is going to be moving the most
so it will probably be carrying more food, therefore more chance of fish
hanging round.

The rip will be deeper water and moving, and with all the titbits being
carried from the gutters
many species will be aggregated in that area.

This is not to say that fish wont be hunting up and down the gutters but
that there is a better chance of
them being holed up around the rips, particularly as the sun gets higher.

To catch the fish you got to think like a fish!!!

J.

"Neil J" > wrote in message
u...
> I have been fishing for years thinking that the channels run parrallel to
> the beach - and now, in South East Fishing, there is an article by a guy
> saying that the channels are where the rips are - eg where the waves don't
> break.
>
> I would have thought there were channels that run parrallel to the beach
> then out where they meet - but not according to this chap.
>
> So where do I fish - in a channel parrallel to the beach if there is such
> thing or in the rip ???
>
> N.

---

JEWEL
November 6th, 2004, 07:54 AM
They are all fish highways!

Gutters running into rips are where the water is going to be moving the most
so it will probably be carrying more food, therefore more chance of fish
hanging round.

The rip will be deeper water and moving, and with all the titbits being
carried from the gutters
many species will be aggregated in that area.

This is not to say that fish wont be hunting up and down the gutters but
that there is a better chance of
them being holed up around the rips, particularly as the sun gets higher.

To catch the fish you got to think like a fish!!!

J.

"Neil J" > wrote in message
u...
> I have been fishing for years thinking that the channels run parrallel to
> the beach - and now, in South East Fishing, there is an article by a guy
> saying that the channels are where the rips are - eg where the waves don't
> break.
>
> I would have thought there were channels that run parrallel to the beach
> then out where they meet - but not according to this chap.
>
> So where do I fish - in a channel parrallel to the beach if there is such
> thing or in the rip ???
>
> N.

---