PDA

View Full Version : Which Way to Fish for Winter Flounders in Northern NJ in Fall?

Jay Chan
November 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM
I would like to know how to fish for winter flounders in northern NJ
in fall.

According to NJ fishing books, winter founders should be around here
by now. Strangely, I cannot find any party boat that targets winter
flounders around this time of year. Party boats are all targetting
stripers, black fishes, and sea basses. Why no one wants to fish for
winter flounders in fall? Somehow, fishing for winter flounders seems
to be something that people do in spring, not in fall. Why? Do they
taste bad in fall, and taste very good in spring?

Do I have to rent a small boat and fish in the bay (like the bay west
of Sandy Hook, or some other in-shore bay)?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Jay Chan