PDA

View Full Version : Can they do this?!??!

steve sullivan
November 27th, 2003, 07:52 AM
I just got a adg fly reel. Its warranty (found in the box) says :
adg colorado usa fly reel manual and
warranty
registraion says "If any part of the reel fails to perform for any
reason,
send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration
copy,
and $9.50 for shipping and handling."

Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email
asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this:

* Now, warranty
on
>reels are $59 for spool and and $69 for the other side with main drag
>function part for replacement of new part when you send in defective or
>damaged reel sides.

John Lindsey
November 27th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Take it back where you bought it and get another reel. I am not familiar
with the reel you bought but you have such bad impressions about the company
that nothing they can ever do will make you feel good about them and enjoy
the reel. Cut your losses. Avoid their hassles. The biz is so competitive
you do not have to put up with their crap.

Good Luck.
John

"steve sullivan" > wrote in message
> I just got a adg fly reel. Its warranty (found in the box) says :
> adg colorado usa fly reel manual and
> warranty
> registraion says "If any part of the reel fails to perform for any
> reason,
> send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration
> copy,
> and $9.50 for shipping and handling."
>
> Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email
> asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this:
>
> Now, warranty
> on
> >reels are $59 for spool and and $69 for the other side with main drag
> >function part for replacement of new part when you send in defective or
> >damaged reel sides.

Outdoors Magazine
November 27th, 2003, 01:35 PM
I agree with the two previous posters ... sounds like the old switch and
bait, and no they cannot do that, but why fight them? Just return it. That
is the best way for them to get the message.

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net
"steve sullivan" > wrote in message
> I just got a adg fly reel. Its warranty (found in the box) says :
> adg colorado usa fly reel manual and
> warranty
> registraion says "If any part of the reel fails to perform for any
> reason,
> send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration
> copy,
> and $9.50 for shipping and handling."
>
> Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email
> asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this:
>
> Now, warranty
> on
> >reels are $59 for spool and and $69 for the other side with main drag
> >function part for replacement of new part when you send in defective or
> >damaged reel sides.

licker
November 28th, 2003, 02:08 AM
I would make a copy of the warranty and send it to them with a request that
they honor the warranty in the box. I would also send a copy of your
request for repair under terms of your warranty to the Better Business
Bureau. If they still refuse to honor the terms of their warranty I would
contact the State Attorney Generals office to intervene on your behalf.

I don't believe they can change the terms of your warranty. They can
however change the terms of future warranties.

Sarge