PDA

View Full Version : Continental Beachcasters

Keith M
November 13th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Hi All

Has anyone had a chance to use these long rods and what are their opinions
of them.

Keith

Keith M
December 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM
C'mon guyes

Someone out there must have used one or is it that they are not a popular
and useful as I immagined them to be.

"Keith M" > wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Has anyone had a chance to use these long rods and what are their opinions
> of them.
>
> Keith

SEAANGLING
December 2nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
Read my report and one by Chris Clark in the Sea Angling News. We tried the
Shakespeare 5mtr Titanium and were more than impressed. Effortless casting,
plenty of power, well made etc. The new one comes out this month, the Supreme
Elite, even lighter and better but more expensive.
Review in the January SAN. Cheers, Norman.

Keith M
December 5th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks for that Norman - the Shakespear range is one that I have my eye on.

Looking st the Titanium I got the impression that the ringing was suitable
for a multiplier (I cant affors a new rod AND a new reel.) - any views on
this?

Thanks
Keith

"SEAANGLING" > wrote in message
> Read my report and one by Chris Clark in the Sea Angling News. We tried
> the
> Shakespeare 5mtr Titanium and were more than impressed. Effortless
> casting,
> plenty of power, well made etc. The new one comes out this month, the
> Supreme
> Elite, even lighter and better but more expensive.
> Review in the January SAN. Cheers, Norman.

SEAANGLING
December 6th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Hi Keith, the Titanium F/S model will actually accommodate a multiplier as the
ringing is quite generous but they have recently brought out a multiplier
version which is superb, so, no need to buy another reel, cheers, Norman.

Keith M
December 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks Norman

Sold.
I'll buy one now.
I won't be teaming it up with my new Abu 6600C3 LD though.
I wonder if the Titanium will be able to cast the abu - literaly.I mean.

Thanks
KeithM