PDA

View Full Version : help

kevin
November 13th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Im sorry cause am sure everyone new to fishing asks this question.
what is the best multiplier for a beginner to start off with that is a
reasonable price. Im doing quite well with a fixed spool but people are
advising I use a multiplier to get a better distance.
Kev

Lucky Luke
November 13th, 2004, 11:19 PM
"kevin" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Im sorry cause am sure everyone new to fishing asks this question.
> what is the best multiplier for a beginner to start off with that is a
> reasonable price. Im doing quite well with a fixed spool but people are
> advising I use a multiplier to get a better distance.

Using a multiplier is quite complicated and need lots of practice.
Before get a multiplier is better if you learn to cast properly.

Learn ground casting and pendulum casting if you don't know them already.

About multiplier reels, you may start (and even stay) with one of these

http://tackledirect.com/shimcorbaitr.html
http://tackledirect.com/shimanocatala.html
http://tackledirect.com/millionairesbc.html
http://tackledirect.com/daiwmilmcvse.html
http://tackledirect.com/c5magx.html
http://tackledirect.com/amanreel.html

Derek.Moody
November 14th, 2004, 07:54 PM
In article >, kevin
> wrote:
> Im sorry cause am sure everyone new to fishing asks this question.
> what is the best multiplier for a beginner to start off with that is a
> reasonable price. Im doing quite well with a fixed spool but people are
> advising I use a multiplier to get a better distance.

Unless you are already casting a very long way the gain will be
imperceptible. There are other good reasons to use a multiplyer but a
beginner who wants to cast farther will do much better to go to an
instructor. If the instructor suggests a multiplyer he will also be able to
suggests one that will be suitable for you and your local conditions.

But don't forget all the fish that swim close in.

Cheerio,

--

kevin
November 14th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Cheers for the advice guys.
Im not doing to bad with my casting its definetly improving I thought and
have heard that a multiplier would help with the distance when it is needed.
I think Ill plod on witht he fixed spool for now this is my first winter of
fishing so I am new to it and need the practice.