PDA

View Full Version : What outboard is lightest?

Sosumi
November 20th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Hi from Holland,

At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)

Does anybody here know what company makes the lightest (weight) outboards in
the range of 10 - 20 HP?

Not important wether 2 or 4 stroke etc.

Thanks.

Brian Dominic [email protected]
November 20th, 2004, 07:40 PM
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:54:27 +0100, "Sosumi" > put
down their glass of wine, sat back and said:

>Hi from Holland,
>
>At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)
>
>Does anybody here know what company makes the lightest (weight) outboards in
>the range of 10 - 20 HP?
>
>Not important wether 2 or 4 stroke etc.

I think you'll find the electric outboards are lightest - it's just
the battery that's heavy!

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites:
Canals: http://www.nbrumpus.co.uk
Friends of the Cromford Canal: http://www.cromfordcanal.org.uk
Mid-Derbyshire Light Railway: http://www.mdlr.co.uk

Sosumi
November 20th, 2004, 10:26 PM
"martin" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:54:27 +0100, "Sosumi" > wrote:
>
> >Hi from Holland,
> >
> >At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)
>
> en nl.sport.varen?
> --
> Martin

Oops, missed that one..

Sosumi
November 20th, 2004, 10:26 PM
"martin" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:54:27 +0100, "Sosumi" > wrote:
>
> >Hi from Holland,
> >
> >At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)
>
> en nl.sport.varen?
> --
> Martin

Oops, missed that one..

brian
November 20th, 2004, 10:30 PM
<Brian Dominic > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:54:27 +0100, "Sosumi" > put
> down their glass of wine, sat back and said:
>
> >Hi from Holland,
> >
> >At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)
> >
> >Does anybody here know what company makes the lightest (weight) outboards
in
> >the range of 10 - 20 HP?
> >
> >Not important wether 2 or 4 stroke etc.
> >
> I think you'll find the electric outboards are lightest - it's just
> the battery that's heavy!

I've never seen a 10 HP one

--
Brian
From Sunny Suffolk

brian
November 20th, 2004, 10:30 PM
<Brian Dominic > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:54:27 +0100, "Sosumi" > put
> down their glass of wine, sat back and said:
>
> >Hi from Holland,
> >
> >At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)
> >
> >Does anybody here know what company makes the lightest (weight) outboards
in
> >the range of 10 - 20 HP?
> >
> >Not important wether 2 or 4 stroke etc.
> >
> I think you'll find the electric outboards are lightest - it's just
> the battery that's heavy!

I've never seen a 10 HP one

--
Brian
From Sunny Suffolk

Paul E. Bennett
November 21st, 2004, 08:03 PM
Sosumi wrote:

> Does anybody here know what company makes the lightest (weight) outboards
> in the range of 10 - 20 HP?
>
> Not important wether 2 or 4 stroke etc.

Would you consider an electric one?

http://www.ecologicalnavigation.com/

This one is about 13HP and weighs in at 35kg. Made in Italy.

Paul E. Bennett ....................<email://peb@a...>
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....<http://www.amleth.demon.co.uk/>
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972 .........NOW AVAILABLE:- HIDECS COURSE......
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095 .... see http://www.feabhas.com for details.

Ron Jones
November 21st, 2004, 08:49 PM
Sosumi wrote:
> Hi from Holland,
>
> At least you people have some newsgroup about water..;-)
>
> Does anybody here know what company makes the lightest (weight)
> outboards in the range of 10 - 20 HP?
>
> Not important wether 2 or 4 stroke etc.
>
> Thanks.

Having use both 2 and 4 stoke outboards, then a 2 stroke is *always*
lighter - for the reason that there are less components and no oil tank. I
think that the weight difference between manufacturers will be minimal, but
of course the bigger the engine, then the more it weighs.

Ron Jones

Don't repeat history, see unreported near misses in chemical lab/plant
at http://www.crhf.org.uk

Ron Jones
November 21st, 2004, 08:49 PM