PDA

View Full Version : Oahu Fishing

Caddy65
November 30th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I have lived on Oahu for 6 years and i just picked up fishing. I grew
up on Lake Michigan and Lake Huron but sal****er fishing seems to be a
little different. What I have been doing is bottom fishing using squid
for bait and then using a sabiki rig to catch baitfish. I use the
baitfish for sliding. I have tried fishing on Hickam, Mokulaiea,
Kaneohe MCBH, and Ford Island. No luck yet. I have talked to several
locals and they are having much better luck than I am at the exact
same spots, using the exact same setup, at the exact same time. If
anyone out there can give me some pointers I would really appreciate
it. ALso,are there any trout farms on Oahu? I want to take my 6 yr old
to a trout farm if possible.
Thanks