PDA

View Full Version : I was fishing with my father and my Grady White sank on us, what do you guys think?

MyBoatSank.com
December 7th, 2004, 08:48 AM
First you might want to take a look at my sinking fishing boat at:

http://www.myboatsank.com

The photos on this website are of my Grady White Marlin 28. She is a
1990 model and is equipped with twin Yamaha 250 Sal****er Series
outboard engines. She also has a four stroke 9.9hp Yamaha kicker motor
and all of the fishing gear that you could ever dream of. I purchased
the boat at the Seattle Boat Show in late January of 2004 from a local
Grady White dealer, Jacobsen's Marine in the Ballard area of Seattle,
Washington. She sank seven months later on September 3, 2004 while
fishing with my father at the mouth of the Columbia River. Within
eight minutes of leaving the safety of the harbor in Ilwaco, Washington
the boat had slipped enough water through a cracked open seam in our
splash well to fatally condemn our trip. The experience was absolutely
terrifying as my father who is in his eighties and I crossed the
Columbia Bar, the "Graveyard of the Pacific", in a sinking boat. Worse
yet was not knowing why the boat was sinking. Even worse than that was
the response I received from both the dealer, Jacobsen's Marine and the
company, Grady White of North Carolina. In the near future, this
website will provide more photos, details on how My Grady White Sank
and marine safety considerations that will certainly make your boat
safer.

Thanks for letting me know what you guys think.

Rodney
December 7th, 2004, 02:31 PM
MyBoatSank.com wrote:

> Even worse than that was
> the response I received from both the dealer, Jacobsen's Marine and the
> company, Grady White of North Carolina.
]
WHat was the dealer and manufacture's response ?

I mean they did offer to fix the boat didn't they ?

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Scott Seidman
December 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM
"MyBoatSank.com" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Even worse than that was
> the response I received from both the dealer, Jacobsen's Marine and the
> company, Grady White of North Carolina.

Just out of curiosity, what was this response, and what did you expect it
to be?

Scott

L. C. Clower
December 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Please finish & post the case study part of the web page and the responses
you get from GW and the dealer, I'm looking at a used GW right now.

"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "MyBoatSank.com" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
>> Even worse than that was
>> the response I received from both the dealer, Jacobsen's Marine and the
>> company, Grady White of North Carolina.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what was this response, and what did you expect it
> to be?
>
> Scott

Scott Seidman
December 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
"L. C. Clower" > wrote in news:YcSdnY0YSKi7QyjcRVn-
:

> I'm looking at a used GW right now.

As have thousands of very happy boat owners.

Scott