PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Quantum Icon spinning reels.

Stephen P. Stoffer
November 30th, 2003, 05:37 AM
I just purchased one of these spinning reels from a local Gander Mountain
department store for $30.00, not including the $10.00 rebate. Anyone one
this forum can give me an opinion how they feel about this series of reel
and/or Quantum in general? It appears to be a wonderfully made work of art.
I have yet to test it. I bought it to complement my Okuma Avenger which
unfortunately is no longer as smooth a reel as it has been due to being
submerged too many times while fishing in the river.

Rodney
November 30th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Stephen P. Stoffer wrote:
> I just purchased one of these spinning reels from a local Gander Mountain
> department store for $30.00, not including the $10.00 rebate. Anyone one
> this forum can give me an opinion how they feel about this series of reel
> and/or Quantum in general? It appears to be a wonderfully made work of art.
> I have yet to test it.

They just don't hold up,, they are fine for a season or two,, that's it,
go buy another one. they just get sloppy, Well they may last longer, if
not used so much during the year.

> I bought it to complement my Okuma Avenger which
> unfortunately is no longer as smooth a reel as it has been due to being
> submerged too many times while fishing in the river.

That's your fault, you need to re-lube a real after being dunked :-)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Bob La Londe
November 30th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I like Quantum rods, but they will not take a lot of abuse in the locker.
They have the absolute best feel for the price for fighting medium size
fish. I have not had great luck with Quantum spinning reels. I have 6
Quantum Accurist baitcasting reels, and I like them very much, but two of
them have lost their anti-reverse.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az