PDA

View Full Version : WIDESPREAD PANIC 12/12 (pictures)

December 14th, 2004, 04:36 AM
More reports available at Tidal Fish
http://www.tidalfish.com

Paul writes:
I rolled out of Sunset at 6:45 am with Moe,hookinfinger, and my
neighbor Brad. Was a little sloppy this am with the West wind and
incoming tide so I decided to go to Cape Henry and work around the
area. Got there and it look a little lifeless with only a few birds so
I decided to keep on going south and south at 24 knots and 1 hour
later.. 9am we drop them at 36.31 in 20 feet of water. There were some
boats about 3 miles south and a few around us scatterd about. Put lines
out and as Moe was letting in the tomioc/mojo it gets snatched by a
15lb bluefish. Then for about 45 minutes nothing. I start to troll
inshore to about 17 feet then the fun begins. All 5 are bent over. We
are using 2 strech's(green),2 tomic/mojo's white/green and a copper
strech 30. For the next 2 hours we just had a ball with these fish.
2,3,4 on at a time . Also got some nice bluefish mixed in. We lost 2
nice fish ...one VERY nice rock pulled the back treble out of the back
of the stretch about 4 feet from net and the other broke a segmented
stretch. We threw back at least 20-30 nice fish. Water was 54.1 Depth
15-20 feet. Color really did not matter. Broke some off on storms also.
The water really layed down nice. We picked them up at 12 noon and
headed for the Barn. Home in Richmond at 5pm. Peace and Panic

To see pictures go to
http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934078799&id=149664