PDA

View Full Version : Fluorocarbon leaders

Ed
December 17th, 2004, 11:50 PM
This stuff is damned expensive, is it worth it, i tried a leader on the last
day of Loch Lomond this year and i did like the way it sinks with no 'mud'
needed, if i am to buy some how long does it last, i usually buy Maxima and
throw it out after two seasons (or longer frequently but one day a big fish
will break me - I should be so lucky) Any thoughts out there on this
quietest of NGs at the moment.

A Happy Xmas to everyone out there and a great season next year.

Eddie

Clark Reid
December 20th, 2004, 09:41 PM
"Ed" > This stuff is damned expensive, is it worth it, i tried a leader on
the last
> day of Loch Lomond this year and i did like the way it sinks with no 'mud'
> needed, if i am to buy some how long does it last, i usually buy Maxima
and
> throw it out after two seasons (or longer frequently but one day a big
fish
> will break me - I should be so lucky) Any thoughts out there on this
> quietest of NGs at the moment.
>
> A Happy Xmas to everyone out there and a great season next year.
>
> Eddie

Take this as you will as I work for a compnay that sells the stuff. But I
use it exclusivly and no you shouldn't have to throw it out at all. You'll
use it before it deterioates.

Clark Reid
www.umpqua.co.nz