PDA

View Full Version : CBBT Fishing Report

TidalFish.com
December 2nd, 2003, 02:35 PM
More reports available at Tidal Fish
http://www.TidalFish.com

Prior Engagement writes:
Well after sitting at the dock all day yesterday in the Gale Force
Winds, we were ready to go. Left LC around 6:30 and headed out work
the tubes. Tide was slack and so was the fishing. Nothing around the
Islands but some really small schoolies casting. Worked our way over
to the bite that was going on near the 2nd Island and wasn't
disappointed. Lots of 20-24" fish and several netters (30" plus) mixed
in. Birds were everywhere and so were the fish. Lots of boats. Was
good practice for the Armada Fishing to come. All lures caught fish.
Tomic, Stretch 25, bucktails, and Mojo.

Ended up moving north and west a bit chasing birds with no success, so
we picked up and started running in to the 2nd Island, bayside. Heard
a Mayday for a boat taking on water. Responded promptly. After getting
our lines in, we went to them and sure enough, there old Grady was
dead in the water and swamping fast. All three occupants were on the
bow with no life jackets to be seem. After getting a rope, we managed
to pick them off the bow of there boat with only some wet feet (and
maybe a few bruises). The boat looked like it was a goner, with one
engine underwater and the other close. The cooler was floating inside
the cockpit along with other items. Got some more line on the boat and
managed to get her underway and to stop taking on water. After some
conversation with the CG and VB Police and Fire we were on our way in
to LC with three new passengers and and an Old Grady in tow. Earned my
wings today and slimed up the PE II's deck good!