PDA

View Full Version : good and bad

Steve Jensen
January 26th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Went out to Mendota slough today and caught a 12 lb blue cat on
chicken liver. Catfishing is poor in central Calif. Only caught one
fish but it was good just to get out in the sunshine a while.
Steve J.

Jerry
April 20th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Steve Jensen wrote:
> Went out to Mendota slough today and caught a 12 lb blue cat on
> chicken liver. Catfishing is poor in central Calif. Only caught one
> fish but it was good just to get out in the sunshine a while.
> Steve J.

All the time I lived out there I can't remember ever hearing of any Blue
Catfish being caught any where. Didn't know they were in the state.
However true White cats are every where and of course the state stocks
channels. I use to load up on them in the delta and one of the main
fisheries at Clear Lake is huge Channel cats.

Jerry

Ronnie Garrison
April 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Jerry wrote:

> Steve Jensen wrote:
>
>> Went out to Mendota slough today and caught a 12 lb blue cat on
>> chicken liver. Catfishing is poor in central Calif. Only caught one
>> fish but it was good just to get out in the sunshine a while.
>> Steve J.
>

> All the time I lived out there I can't remember ever hearing of any Blue
> Catfish being caught any where. Didn't know they were in the state.
> However true White cats are every where and of course the state stocks
> channels. I use to load up on them in the delta and one of the main
> fisheries at Clear Lake is huge Channel cats.
>
> Jerry
According to the IGFA, the record 12 pound test line class blue cat was
caught in San Vicent Reservoir in California in 2000. It weighed 101
pounds.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Jerry
April 20th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Ronnie Garrison wrote:

> According to the IGFA, the record 12 pound test line class blue cat was
> caught in San Vicent Reservoir in California in 2000. It weighed 101
> pounds.

That was a state record of a Blue cat that was stocked 15 years prior to
being caught. There are some Blue cats roaming around in some lakes
that are stocked all the time but as I stated I never ran into any of
them in the central or northern part of the state. However you won't
find the Blues distributed through out California as much as the White
cat. The record Blue cat was caught out of Lake Texoma. Never fished
Texoma but 60-100 pound Blues are caught frequently down there. My home
lake which is Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma regularly puts out 20-40 pound
blues with a few catches running around 6-70 pounds. Ten pounders are
the norm when out on a days fishing.

Jerry

asther00tsundo
April 26th, 2005, 04:38 AM
san vincinte has amazing fishing, especially for the cats!