PDA

View Full Version : Swimfeeders

fantom
February 6th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Hi,
can anyone recommend a course fishing swimfeeder suitable for general boat
fishing.

thanks

fantom
February 6th, 2005, 09:35 PM
"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> can anyone recommend a course fishing swimfeeder suitable for general boat
> fishing.
>
> thanks

Or do i have to make one? seen em use them on telly when boat fishing in
ireland, and very succesfully, i am mainly wondering about size of the
feeder needed.

Keith M
February 7th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Fantom
Not sure what depth you will be fishing at but try a carrier bag with the
weight through the bottom and rubber banded closed.
Fill with whatever turns your stomach and lightly rubber band the top shut.
Lower away and when it reaches bottom a few hard tugs should turn the bag
inside out and hey presto - pounds of ground bait on the bottom

Keith M
"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> can anyone recommend a course fishing swimfeeder suitable for general boat
> fishing.
>
> thanks

Derek
February 8th, 2005, 11:57 PM
"Keith M" > wrote in message
> Fantom
> Not sure what depth you will be fishing at but try a carrier bag with the
> weight through the bottom and rubber banded closed.
> Fill with whatever turns your stomach and lightly rubber band the top
shut.
> Lower away and when it reaches bottom a few hard tugs should turn the bag
> inside out and hey presto - pounds of ground bait on the bottom
>
> Keith M
> "fantom" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > can anyone recommend a course fishing swimfeeder suitable for general
boat
> > fishing.
> >
> > thanks
I've been considering groundbaiting for a while trouble is when the tide is
running in about half an hour it will be a mile or more away what seems to
be needed is a slow release maybe a nice oily pile of mackie guts and bits
in a hessian type bag on the anchor rope to give a stream of
appetising smells for a longer period?
Derek

Cliff Ravenscroft
February 9th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Make your ground bait up in advance & freeze it it ice cream tubs,lower it
on a rope or down the anchor line in a weighted onion sack & it will release
as it thaws.Depends on depth & tide run how affective it is,also try a film
canister just above your trace with bait ,bran & fish oil to attract to the
hook,refill as you rebait.

--
Cliff.

Sea Anglers have "BIGGER" Tackle.

..
"Terence Lynock (MSW)" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from "Derek" > contains these words:
>
>> I've been considering groundbaiting for a while trouble is when the tide
>> is
>> running in about half an hour it will be a mile or more away what seems
>> be needed is a slow release maybe a nice oily pile of mackie guts and
>> bits
>> in a hessian type bag on the anchor rope to give a stream of
>> appetising smells for a longer period?
>> Derek
>
> Years ago we used to set up something simular with a string carrot bag
> like you find laying around on the floor of any market, stick a
> housebrick in the bottom and fill it full of offal chopped up then lower
> it on a rope to the bottom,
> this was on a river but dont see why it shouldnt work for boat fishing,
> on the river we would set it up then fish a few yards below the bag
> using lumps of meat or fish deadbait for eels and Pike,
>
> regards,
> Terry

Matt
February 12th, 2005, 06:10 AM
In message >, Derek
> writes
>pile of mackie guts and bits in a hessian type bag on the anchor rope
>to give a stream of
>appetising smells for a longer period?

Leave a tin of cat food out in the sun for a bit then smack holes in it
with a screw driver and chuck it in still water - it works :-)

--
Matt - Dorset.
It only takes two-strokes to excite me (or a threesome :-))

Keith M
February 12th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Fantom
I was in my local tackle shop this AM and they have some wierd and womderful
feeders for carp fishing - I think as part of "The Method".
Seems like a largee frame which you pack with geround bait. Also seems to
act as a weight while it is loaded.
Check it out.

"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> can anyone recommend a course fishing swimfeeder suitable for general boat
> fishing.
>
> thanks

fantom
February 12th, 2005, 11:26 PM
[thanks guys for all input and useful info]

Hi keith,
thanks alot, im definatly gonna look into that, i have a freshwater tackle
shop nearby, im gonna go there and see what carp feeders they have and
browse about, if not i think i will have to make one and tie it to the rig,
one post was about the film canister idea, i have heard of this, but the
canister seems a bit small for boat fishing. Worth ago though, seems perfect
for shore casting etc cos of size and im defintaly gonna make one for shore.
The other anchor idea seems excellent, i have also heard of dropping ball
sized groundbait all around the boat in order to pull the fish in.

Gonna give the carp feeders alook at first, wanna pull the fish to my bait
first, rather than the entire boat ;)

thanks guys