PDA

View Full Version : Burner Rating

Craig Davis
February 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
In looking at burners for fish fryers there seems to be two levels of heat
ratings. Some in the 55,000 BTU range some in the 160,000 BTU range. What
size burner is needed if I want to use an 18 qt pot to fry fish?

John
February 19th, 2005, 01:15 PM
The key is to have a good thermometer. The best range I found was to keep
the grease at about 350 degrees.

"Craig Davis" > wrote in message
> In looking at burners for fish fryers there seems to be two levels of heat
> ratings. Some in the 55,000 BTU range some in the 160,000 BTU range.
> What size burner is needed if I want to use an 18 qt pot to fry fish?

Ronnie Garrison
February 23rd, 2005, 03:33 AM
Craig Davis wrote:

> In looking at burners for fish fryers there seems to be two levels of heat
> ratings. Some in the 55,000 BTU range some in the 160,000 BTU range. What
> size burner is needed if I want to use an 18 qt pot to fry fish?

I will try to actually answer the question you asked. A 55,000 BTU
burner will do, but I would go with the higher BTU if it is not a lot
more expensive. If you are using it when it is windy that can cut back
on the effectiveness of the burner, as will a real cold day, and the
biger one would be better. Also, if you want to fry a turkey the bigger
one would work better.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Milo Milo
February 27th, 2005, 05:41 AM
i use a reg turkey cooker and reg my temp at 350 deg never had ay
trouble with that