PDA

View Full Version : The difference in cast range bettwen 8'6" - 9' and 10' rods

Paul
February 25th, 2005, 01:55 AM
I am planning to buy a rod which I would be mostly using for rock
fishing, and from the wharf. 8'6" suits me the best however I would
like to do some surfcasting ocasionally. 9' and 10' rods are already
considered as surfcasting rods but wouldnt be as handy as 8'6". Can
anyone give me some idea what's the difference between those rods in
cast range. How far can I cast with those rods? Ofcourse I mean an
approx difference as I know some other factors eg line, wind, sinker
will influence cast distance.
Thanks for any help.

Oldsquid
May 15th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I do not know the "real" numbers, but for me every 6" adds about 30 - 50
yrds casting.

"Paul" > wrote in message
om...
> I am planning to buy a rod which I would be mostly using for rock
> fishing, and from the wharf. 8'6" suits me the best however I would
> like to do some surfcasting ocasionally. 9' and 10' rods are already
> considered as surfcasting rods but wouldnt be as handy as 8'6". Can
> anyone give me some idea what's the difference between those rods in
> cast range. How far can I cast with those rods? Ofcourse I mean an
> approx difference as I know some other factors eg line, wind, sinker
> will influence cast distance.
> Thanks for any help.

John Benson
May 23rd, 2005, 11:21 AM
A man should own at least 10 fishing rods. Buy the one you want for the
particular situation you want to fish. Then buy another one for surfcasting.
And remember, you will need one for bait and another for plugs. And another
for smaller baits. john
om...