PDA

View Full Version : Flat Tops Wilderness Question

onbelaydave
February 25th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I'm having to skip my normal 2 week trip to the Winds this year due to
family commitments and thought I'd play in my "backyard" and hit the Flat
Tops for a week, some time late July/ August. I'm planning on heading in at
Stillwater to avoid the fire remains at Trapper's Lake but was thinking of
spending the night at Surprise Lake, either on my way in or out. Did it get
hit by the fire or was it high enough to be spared? My trips are usually
50/50% photography/fishing adventures and I've tentatively been looking at
Deer Lk., the Island Lks.,Shingle Peak Lk, Shepherd and Rim Lk, Wall Lk,
Surprise Lk, and possibly the Hooper/Keener basin, in some sort of loop.
Anybody ever fished these before or have any other suggestions ?