PDA

View Full Version : Casting videos

Mike Connor
March 4th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Grab ém before they disappear again!

http://speypages.jp/SpeyAnglersShop-SpeyVideoClip.htm

TL
MC

Mike Connor
March 4th, 2005, 01:46 AM
These are OK as well;
http://www.questoutdoors.net/skills/spey/video/

TL
MC

Peter Charles
March 4th, 2005, 02:10 AM
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 02:46:08 +0100, "Mike Connor"
> wrote:

>These are OK as well;
>http://www.questoutdoors.net/skills/spey/video/
>
>TL
>MC

Oh I gotta get on Neil's and Rick's case on this one -- never told me
they had put this little gem together. Some of the vid was probably
shot at Newaygo last May on the Muskegon -- I recgonize the boat ramp,
while the rest looks like our usual haunt at Bean Park.

Might as well get my two cents worth in:

http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/mecasting.avi

Just to be a little **** to bring up the marketing bit again -- that's
Greg's 12'6" 8 wt. Daiwa Lochmor X which would of cost to order from
Scotland, from within the States, about $200.00 before the bushies
pooched the value of the dollar.

The line on it is an Airflo Delta Long 8/9 (sorry Mike but it's a
great line). It has a head length of 65' and has a running line joint
at about the 70' mark. I'm pulling that joint down to my top hand
then shooting about 20' or so of running line into the cast. That
puts the tip around 90' from me plus the 15' leader. Who needs a T&T?

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Mike Connor
March 4th, 2005, 03:10 AM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
<SNIP>
>That
> puts the tip around 90' from me plus the 15' leader. Who needs a T&T?
>
> Peter

No need to be sorry, I have heard repeatedly that some of the Airflo lines,
especially specialty stuff and sinkers are very good. Due to my experiences
in the past I would not buy any, but I have no doubt whatsoever that those
who say they are OK know what they are talking about.

One other point, many people are of the opinion that top quality gear has to
cost top prices. There is no way to convince them otherwise, and as they
don´t know what they are doing anyway, it does not really matter.

There is a vast range of excellent medium, and even low priced, gear on the
market nowadays, some of which is as good or better than the top price
stuff. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for people to accept this. Also,
even when told, or having had it proven to them, they rarely believe it.

There is little one can do about this. One may merely go for the best
oneself, which of course requires considerable information and knowledge. I
have picked up various "cheapies", had a cast or two, and known I had a good
rod in my hand. A beginner has no chance at all, as he does not know what he
requires, and many others who are not "beginners" as such, still lack the
information and experience to be able to tell the difference.

We all pay our "learning money" in some way or another. Some just keep on
paying it!

Very nice video by the way!

TL
MC