PDA

View Full Version : cod fishing in norway

christos
March 8th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Dear Anglers,
Interested in info / tips on cod fishing in Norway?
Going in may 05.

Regards, Christos.

Scott
March 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I've fished in the Bergen area the last couple of years during May. There is
not so many Cod in this area, but is compensated by the huge shoals of
coalfish.
We caught them up to 10 kilo last year, but the size of the shoals was just
amazing - difficult part was getting through the smaller ones to the biggies
at the bottom of the shoal.
We did get a few cod up to 5 kilos, and a mixture of ling and wolf-fish.
All the fish were caught on pirks.

Roll on May when we're going back out there !

"christos" > wrote in message
> Dear Anglers,
> Interested in info / tips on cod fishing in Norway?
> Going in may 05.
>
> Regards, Christos.

George Lee
March 8th, 2005, 10:57 PM
On 8/3/05 7:27 pm, in article , "christos"
> wrote:

> Dear Anglers,
> Interested in info / tips on cod fishing in Norway?
> Going in may 05.
>
> Regards, Christos.

Hi I have done in May and September in the hjemeland near Stavanger. May was
not so good with a few mackerel, coalfish, green wrasse, redfish and a few
cod.

September was the same but with plenty of cod, mackerel, garfish and hadock.
I would go again in September or may but take appropriate expectations. Even
without masses of fish it still a cracking place to go.

George

Neil
March 8th, 2005, 11:48 PM
"christos" > wrote in message
> Dear Anglers,
> Interested in info / tips on cod fishing in Norway?
> Going in may 05.
>
> Regards, Christos.

Thought the Norwegians had already caught all the cod! No, sorry, thats our
cod.

ali-p
March 10th, 2005, 12:25 AM
"christos" > wrote in message
> Dear Anglers,
> Interested in info / tips on cod fishing in Norway?
> Going in may 05.
>
> Regards, Christos.

one tip my auld granny used to tell me was to always wear my vest and my
balaclava when playing near the sea ( and pack a clean pair of pants ... the
north sea can be scary at times)

Scott
March 10th, 2005, 10:32 AM