PDA

View Full Version : Florida Keys Trip

Chas Wade
March 16th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I've got a few days to spend in south Florida, I'm thinking the keys
will be the place to go. April 15 to 19. My thought is to go to
Islamorada or somewhere around there and look for bones and/or
barracuda. Anybody know where I should stay? Any suggestions for a
book on the area or some spots to try? Anybody interested in meeting
up?

Thanks

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

bruiser
March 17th, 2005, 12:38 AM
"Chas Wade" > wrote

some spots to try?

Email Choc and ask him the same question. And I remember the exact
directions to the flat with the rope swing, which you would like I'm sure.

bruce h

Charlie Choc
March 17th, 2005, 12:42 AM
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:38:40 -0700, "bruiser"
> wrote:

>"Chas Wade" > wrote
>
>some spots to try?
>
>Email Choc and ask him the same question. And I remember the exact
>directions to the flat with the rope swing, which you would like I'm sure.

I already sent him an email but I don't remember how to get to the rope swing,
so you'll need to tell him that.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com/ - photo galleries

Chas Wade
March 17th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Charlie Choc > wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:38:40 -0700, "bruiser"
> wrote:
>

>>"Chas Wade" > wrote
>>
>>some spots to try?
>>
>>Email Choc and ask him the same question. And I remember the exact
>>directions to the flat with the rope swing, which you would like I'm
>>sure.
>>
>I already sent him an email but I don't remember how to get to the
>rope swing,
>so you'll need to tell him that.
>--
>Charlie...
>http://www.chocphoto.com/ - photo galleries
>http://www.chocphoto.com/roff

Thanks guys, you take great care of me.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

bruiser
March 17th, 2005, 01:47 PM
OK, I doubt this'll blow the cover off the place:
Grassy Key, mm 58 (?) there's a road heading South off the highway called
Edgewater Road. Follow that road South, past all the no trespassing signs
and it then bends to the West. Follow it all the way past a big old
homemade looking house until the road turns into two tracks in the dirt.
Follow it to the end - the flat will appear on your left of course and there
is or at least there was a rope swing hanging from a tree. Beautiful place.
Soft wading for the first 300 feet or so then the bottom firms up nicely.
In my mind I call it the Gilligan's Island flat.

bruce h

Chas Wade
March 22nd, 2005, 03:05 AM
"bruiser" > wrote:
>OK, I doubt this'll blow the cover off the place:

Thanks Bruiser, I'll be sure to visit Gillighan's Island and report.