PDA

View Full Version : Get this Newsgroup Spam-free

yellowchaser
March 16th, 2005, 11:29 PM
As a huge supporter of the outdoor community, I have always loved the
newsgroups but they have become such a haven for the spammers that it
has become ridicilous. You now have the oppurtunity to take back the
newsgroups from the advertisers and spammers.

We have developed "The Outdoor Groups" which consists of a huge
message board based system with inputs from this and many other
newsgroups. The best thing about it is members have the ability to
report spam to moderators and they have the power to DELETE them.
What is left is a nice clean spam-free place for fishermen and
hunters to hang out.

If you would like to become part of this movement please join us at
http://www.hookandsinker.com. We are always looking for more
moderators so if you would like to help keep things clean first-hand
then email us and we can get you set-up.

Thanks.
posted from www.hookandsinker.com

dave chapelle
March 17th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Now I've seen everything. A spammer offering spam free news. LOL!

"yellowchaser" > wrote in
message ...
> As a huge supporter of the outdoor community, I have always loved the
> newsgroups but they have become such a haven for the spammers that it
> has become ridicilous. You now have the oppurtunity to take back the
> newsgroups from the advertisers and spammers.
>
> We have developed "The Outdoor Groups" which consists of a huge
> message board based system with inputs from this and many other
> newsgroups. The best thing about it is members have the ability to
> report spam to moderators and they have the power to DELETE them.
> What is left is a nice clean spam-free place for fishermen and
> hunters to hang out.
>
> If you would like to become part of this movement please join us at
> http://www.hookandsinker.com. We are always looking for more
> moderators so if you would like to help keep things clean first-hand
> then email us and we can get you set-up.
>
> Thanks.
> posted from www.hookandsinker.com

Tex John
March 23rd, 2005, 02:28 AM
Spam implies fiscal renumeration which I didn't find on this site...and MANY
older folks I've worked with would prefer to just not use NGs just to bypass
the spam....which is a shame and considering the average age of this public,
important.

He's offering a free service others (eg www.newsguy.com) charge for.

The fact that half the responses in NGs are sarcastic like this is about
enough to run me off and I'm not that old (or am I?)

John
in Houston...and barely still in his 30's

"dave chapelle" > wrote in message
> Now I've seen everything. A spammer offering spam free news. LOL!
>
> "yellowchaser" > wrote
in
> message ...
> > As a huge supporter of the outdoor community, I have always loved the
> > newsgroups but they have become such a haven for the spammers that it
> > has become ridicilous. You now have the oppurtunity to take back the
> > newsgroups from the advertisers and spammers.
> >
> > We have developed "The Outdoor Groups" which consists of a huge
> > message board based system with inputs from this and many other
> > newsgroups. The best thing about it is members have the ability to
> > report spam to moderators and they have the power to DELETE them.
> > What is left is a nice clean spam-free place for fishermen and
> > hunters to hang out.
> >
> > If you would like to become part of this movement please join us at
> > http://www.hookandsinker.com. We are always looking for more
> > moderators so if you would like to help keep things clean first-hand
> > then email us and we can get you set-up.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > posted from www.hookandsinker.com

Eric Miller
April 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM
"Tex John" > wrote in message
> Spam implies fiscal renumeration

Nope. You just don't know what spam is.

Eric Miller

Tex John
April 8th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Really?

Here's a def from webopedia...first one I clicked on from google:
<quote>
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/s/spam.html

Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam
even more generally as any unsolicited e-mail. However, if a long-lost
brother finds your e-mail address and sends you a message, this could hardly
be called spam, even though it's unsolicited. Real spam is generally e-mail
advertising for some product sent to a mailing list or newsgroup.
</quote>

Guess you are in the "some people" category.

Since your posts are more OT than his are, yours are no less SPAM than his.

All you needed to do was post a link to the group's charter...at least his
post did point to some useful free info that I used last weekend to wade
fish in Galveston.

What is it with these kiddo NG Police? More than 15 years in NGs & BBSes and
all these kids think they have a right to sarcastically jump me for TOFU? Or
yellowchaser for spam? Not the US Congress definition for spam...just "some
people"

And no one ever bothers to mention the group's charter!

John

. ..