PDA

View Full Version : bamboo rods from my grandfather

byrrha
December 8th, 2003, 12:50 AM
I have a bamboo rod which can be carried easily, as it is made with
separate bamboo pieces, covered by a lovingly made cloth with cloth
ties.

my grandfather left it to me, i shall always cherish it.

if anyone cares to help me, i would love to know all about this rod of
his. i do recall my grandfather never used this particular rod while
taking me fishing into the rocky mtn streams.

Thank you so much.

sincerely,

byrrha

daytripper
December 8th, 2003, 01:51 AM
On 7 Dec 2003 16:50:15 -0800, (byrrha) wrote:

>I have a bamboo rod which can be carried easily, as it is made with
>separate bamboo pieces, covered by a lovingly made cloth with cloth
>ties.
>
>my grandfather left it to me, i shall always cherish it.
>
>if anyone cares to help me, i would love to know all about this rod of
>his. i do recall my grandfather never used this particular rod while
>taking me fishing into the rocky mtn streams.

Post some pictures of it on a binary group (eg: alt.binaries.pictures.fishing)
and then put a reply here pointing to it. You'll likely draw some responses.

/daytripper

December 8th, 2003, 04:44 AM
The people at rodbuilding.com are very knowledgable on this topic as that is
all there is , someone there will surely be able to give you the info
necessary.

Don Phillipson
December 8th, 2003, 04:47 PM
"byrrha" > wrote in message
om...

> I have a bamboo rod which can be carried easily, as it is made with
> separate bamboo pieces, covered by a lovingly made cloth with cloth
> ties.

Two main questions:
1 = whether it is fishable or not. This has to do
mainly with the condition of glue and varnish.
Some 100-year-old bamboo rods are fishable,
some 50-year-old rods are not.
2 = markings and other indications of the
maker and brand name.
Both factors affect market price.

One URL for cane (bamboo) enthusiasts is:
http://home.teleport.com/~gord/cane/index.html

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)

Bluestone
December 9th, 2003, 02:20 AM
(byrrha) wrote in message >...
> I have a bamboo rod which can be carried easily, as it is made with
> separate bamboo pieces, covered by a lovingly made cloth with cloth
> ties.
>
> my grandfather left it to me, i shall always cherish it.
>
> if anyone cares to help me, i would love to know all about this rod of
> his. i do recall my grandfather never used this particular rod while
> taking me fishing into the rocky mtn streams.
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> sincerely,
>
> byrrha

byrrha,

You may reach me at bluestonerod.com i shall give you all details that
pertain toward your Bamboo Fishing Rod as well to the care needed.

Sincerely
bluestonerod