PDA

View Full Version : fishing in Myrtle Beach Area

Glenn
March 19th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Any suggestions on good places to fish in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Glenn
March 25th, 2005, 01:11 AM
thanks for the info
"Gene Kearns" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:44:17 -0500, "Glenn" > wrote:
>
> >Any suggestions on good places to fish in Myrtle Beach, SC.
> >

> Anywhere BUT Myrtle Beach. MB is a great party place, but has long
> since seen the demise of any sort of wildlife, having sold out to
> condos and developers... that's called progress, by the way!
>
> Try all points North to Southport, NC and South to Pawley's Island,
> SC.
>
> I have some info at:
> http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/Links/websites_OI_Soutport.htm
> --

> 23' Grady White, out of Southport, NC.
>
> See where Southport, North Carolina is:
> http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp
>
> Real Time Picture of Marina "B" Dock,"A" Dock, and ICW:
> http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm
>
> And courtesy of Lee Yeaton:
> see the boats of rec.boats at:
> www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Rusty Unger
April 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:50:43 GMT, Gene Kearns
> wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:44:17 -0500, "Glenn" > wrote:
>
>>Any suggestions on good places to fish in Myrtle Beach, SC.
>>

>Anywhere BUT Myrtle Beach. MB is a great party place, but has long
>since seen the demise of any sort of wildlife, having sold out to
>condos and developers... that's called progress, by the way!
>
>Try all points North to Southport, NC and South to Pawley's Island,
>SC.
>
>I have some info at:
>http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/Links/websites_OI_Soutport.htm

You have no clue....I live in Myrtle Beach and I can catch fish any
day of the week at Cherry Grove, Murrells Inlet, and Winyah
Bay........I don't know why there are so many people who always say
that there is no good fishing around, but by far there is, obviously
you just must not be going to the right place. I was actually in MI
today and limited out on Redfish within an hour, and caught two nice
flounder....Ocean Isle is also a good fishery, but I haven't fished
there yet this year.

Michael Johnson
July 16th, 2005, 06:37 PM
i live here also, there are no more fish, too much pollution from golf and
development in the estuaries
being in the seafood business i know
but i also moved to el salvador in 1994, will return in september
now there we have excellent fishing
see www.tropicooltours.com

if you have big kahunas, I may let you come with me to surf and fish
Colombia west coast
no problemo

--
MICHAEL W. JOHNSON
COASTAL CAROLINAS, NC/SC

Rusty Unger
September 12th, 2005, 12:54 AM
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:37:54 -0400, "Michael Johnson"
> wrote:

>i live here also, there are no more fish, too much pollution from golf and
>development in the estuaries
>being in the seafood business i know
>but i also moved to el salvador in 1994, will return in september
>now there we have excellent fishing
>see www.tropicooltours.com

Then you don't know where to fish do you.....there is great offshore
fishing, and if you know what to use, MI is a great place to fish, if
you know what to use, and it isn't live bait...let me ask though...if
you are from SC as you claim, then where is your fax number? That
sure isn't an SC area code, but you do have an SC cell phone. Come
with me once, I will show you where to catch fish.

riverman
September 13th, 2005, 04:18 PM
why go to el Salvador now wait they will all be here
then we go
river man