PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rod Material

curmudgeon
March 23rd, 2005, 02:45 AM
What is your preferred rod or pole material of choice ?

#1. Bamboo

#2. Fiberglass

#3. Graphite

#4. Boron

#5. OTHER

As for me it is Graphite & Boron.

Dr. D
March 23rd, 2005, 06:37 PM
mine is 2 and 3 one for sal****er and one for fresh water
Richard G.

"curmudgeon" > wrote in message
> What is your preferred rod or pole material of choice ?
>
> #1. Bamboo
>
> #2. Fiberglass
>
> #3. Graphite
>
> #4. Boron
>
> #5. OTHER
>
> As for me it is Graphite & Boron.

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
March 23rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
for me it is Graphite

"curmudgeon" > wrote in message
> What is your preferred rod or pole material of choice ?
>
> #1. Bamboo
>
> #2. Fiberglass
>
> #3. Graphite
>
> #4. Boron
>
> #5. OTHER
>
> As for me it is Graphite & Boron.

Steve Jensen
March 27th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Whatever kind is on sale at Walmart.
I have an antique square steel rod I'm going to try one of these days.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:45:55 -0700, "curmudgeon"
> wrote:

> What is your preferred rod or pole material of choice ?
>
> #1. Bamboo
>
> #2. Fiberglass
>
> #3. Graphite
>
> #4. Boron
>
> #5. OTHER
>
> As for me it is Graphite & Boron.

April 3rd, 2005, 03:00 AM
Boron is the lightest and most sensitive. I love the rods but just don't
use them in cold weather and be careful with them. They will evenually
break with even the best care.

Rodney
April 4th, 2005, 03:04 AM
wrote:
> Boron is the lightest and most sensitive. I love the rods but just don't
> use them in cold weather and be careful with them. They will evenually
> break with even the best care.

That's why I like spent uranium rods, super dense so you can feel a fish
just swim by the line, they are totally unbreakable, even in the coldest
weather. It is true they are a bit stiff, a a little heaver than the
others, but look at the arm strength you can build while fishing, it
turns fishermen into real athletes :-)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

April 4th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Rodney wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Boron is the lightest and most sensitive. I love the rods but just
>> don't use them in cold weather and be careful with them. They will
>> evenually break with even the best care.
>

> That's why I like spent uranium rods, super dense so you can feel a fish
> just swim by the line, they are totally unbreakable, even in the coldest
> weather. It is true they are a bit stiff, a a little heaver than the
> others, but look at the arm strength you can build while fishing, it
> turns fishermen into real athletes :-)

What in the hell have you been drinking?

Rodney
April 5th, 2005, 03:12 AM
wrote:
> Rodney wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Boron is the lightest and most sensitive. I love the rods but just
>>> don't use them in cold weather and be careful with them. They will
>>> evenually break with even the best care.
>>

>> That's why I like spent uranium rods, super dense so you can feel a
>> fish just swim by the line, they are totally unbreakable, even in the
>> coldest weather. It is true they are a bit stiff, a a little heaver
>> than the others, but look at the arm strength you can build while
>> fishing, it turns fishermen into real athletes :-)
>>
> What in the hell have you been drinking?

That's the problem,, nothin, man I could use one bout now
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, Decoy Activator
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

yellowchaser
April 9th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Other - Helium. I've been fishing with Kistlers new Helium LTA model
and its great. Lighter than a feather! I'm finishing up a review on
the rod, should be done this
month.[quote:908fdddbd9="curmudgeon"]What is your preferred rod or
pole material of choice ?

#1. Bamboo

#2. Fiberglass

#3. Graphite

#4. Boron

#5. OTHER

As for me it is Graphite & Boron.[/quote:908fdddbd9]
Over 7,000+ Reel, Engine and Trolling Motor Schematics www.hookandsinker.com

April 9th, 2005, 11:05 PM
yellowchaser wrote:

> Other - Helium. I've been fishing with Kistlers new Helium LTA model
> and its great. Lighter than a feather! I'm finishing up a review on
> the rod, should be done this
> month.[quote:908fdddbd9="curmudgeon"]What is your preferred rod or
> pole material of choice ?
>
> #1. Bamboo
>
> #2. Fiberglass
>
> #3. Graphite
>
> #4. Boron
>
> #5. OTHER
>
> As for me it is Graphite & Boron.[/quote:908fdddbd9]
> Over 7,000+ Reel, Engine and Trolling Motor Schematics www.hookandsinker.com

I haven't shopped for a new rod in a while. Are they still making Boron?
The ultra lite Shakespear Boron spinning rod that I have is maybe 25
years old. It cost about a hundred buck way back then. Who makes them
now and how expensive are they now?