PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Burmagui?

Stephan Carydakis
March 29th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Hi All,

I haven't fished 'seriously' for a few years now and recently heard that the
fishing at Bermagui in May is about non-existent these days. What happened?
I used to tow my 17 footer there between 1992 and 1998 and chase mostly
Yellow Fin. So what's the go for similar fishing for us Victorians these
days?

Stephan Carydakis.

Lindsay
March 30th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Stephan Carydakis wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I haven't fished 'seriously' for a few years now and recently heard that the
> fishing at Bermagui in May is about non-existent these days. What happened?
> I used to tow my 17 footer there between 1992 and 1998 and chase mostly
> Yellow Fin. So what's the go for similar fishing for us Victorians these
> days?

Hiya Steven...

Cant help ya about Bermagui, but I spent a week at Narooma in
early->mid March. Went out to Montague Island several times in
charter boats.. The kingfish were patchy at best, I got one at 6-7kg
about 1km sw of the island on livebait. Plenty of Bonito busting up
the sauris, all other forms of fishing were very quiet. I went rock
fishing for 3 hours and got two bites, others reported similar.
Poor surf fishing too. Was very quiet there this year. Apparently they
had a big year on the game fish...one bloke caugt a marlin estimated at
300kg, but the sharks got to it, so it weighed in at 270Kg, the biggest
marlin weighed in there for 10 years...

Regards

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"We all should present legal cars. I'm embarrassed we've presented a car
that's ineligible." Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT.12/11/04 (It must hurt
to say illegal!)

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Blockhead
April 3rd, 2005, 06:23 AM
"Lindsay" > wrote in message
> 300kg, but the sharks got to it, so it weighed in at 270Kg, the biggest
> marlin weighed in there for 10 years...

290