PDA

View Full Version : Shakespear (All Star)

just me
March 28th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I broke the front section of an All Star rod - good rod, probably $100 -
$125 or thereabouts. In the past I have been able to go to the factory
here in Houston and get immediate service. All Star had been fantastic
for years, either replacing the item at minimal or no cost or repairing
it for a very reasonable price.

I went by their site today and it is closed with a sign showing a 1.800
number. I called it. It is Shakespeare's service No. since they bought
All Star a few months back. I explained the problem and was told I'd
have to go back thru the store where I bought the rod to get any
service, warranty or otherwise. I asked if I could at least buy a
replacement section, directly. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that
Shakespeare did not provide that service.

When I explained that I had been a big fan of All Star because of their
great products and fantastic service, the lady commented, "That's the
reason they aren't in business anymore.".

I haven't had any dealings with Shakespeare or bought any Shakespeare
products for a bunch of years because this is the same experience I had
with them "back when" - their service was LOUSY then and doesn't appear
to have changed.

Castaway, you just gained a customer.

BTW, Shakespeare also owns Pfleuger (sp ??), so I'll be avoiding them,
too.

Anyone else had this kind of experience with Shakespeare?

Sam Salmon
April 6th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Sorry to hear about that-not sutprising though-Shakespear has had a
terrible reputation for decades and that's why I never touch any of
their stuff.
Pfleufer is garbage of that there is no doubt.