PDA

View Full Version : Looking for LONG Fillet Knife

Les Stewart
March 29th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I have a friend that has a Coleman Western fillet knife with an 11 inch
blade. Can't seem to find another one anywhere.

Any ideas on that knife or where to find another quality fillet knife with
at least an 10 inch blade?

THANKS!
--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX

Sarge
March 30th, 2005, 12:49 AM
"Les Stewart" wrote in message: "I have a friend that has a Coleman Western
fillet knife with an 11 inch blade. Can't seem to find another one anywhere.
Any ideas on that knife or where to find another quality fillet knife with
at least an 10 inch blade?"

I not sure about an 10 or 11 inch blade in a filet knife but you can buy a
boning knife in that length. A boning knife is thin like a filet knife.
Check out Dexter Russell knives. The blades are of good quality. They do
have an 9 inch filet knife. There are several styles both thin blade and
wide blade filet knives. http://www.dexter-russell.com

This is one of the oldest makers of cutlery in the USA. They make
professional cutlery also.

Sarge

L. C. Clower
March 30th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Look at an Academy, they have a sani-safe brand filet knife that looks long
enough.

"Les Stewart" > wrote in message
>I have a friend that has a Coleman Western fillet knife with an 11 inch
>blade. Can't seem to find another one anywhere.
>
> Any ideas on that knife or where to find another quality fillet knife with
> at least an 10 inch blade?
>
> THANKS!
> --
> Les Stewart
> Beaumont, TX

Calif Bill
March 31st, 2005, 07:06 AM
"L. C. Clower" > wrote in message
> Look at an Academy, they have a sani-safe brand filet knife that looks
long
> enough.
>

> "Les Stewart" > wrote in message
> >I have a friend that has a Coleman Western fillet knife with an 11 inch
> >blade. Can't seem to find another one anywhere.
> >
> > Any ideas on that knife or where to find another quality fillet knife
with
> > at least an 10 inch blade?
> >
> > THANKS!
> > --
> > Les Stewart
> > Beaumont, TX

Go to a good knife store and look at the Forshner.

Steve L
April 1st, 2005, 03:15 AM
Check Cutco website
Steve

"Les Stewart" > wrote in message
>I have a friend that has a Coleman Western fillet knife with an 11 inch
>blade. Can't seem to find another one anywhere.
>
> Any ideas on that knife or where to find another quality fillet knife with
> at least an 10 inch blade?
>
> THANKS!
> --
> Les Stewart
> Beaumont, TX

Luberman
April 18th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Cutco. Without doubt the best fillet knife I've ever owned. Stainless
blade is adjustable to two differeft lengths, the longest of which is
about 10 ". Kind of pricey, but excellant quality.

Luberman
Over 7,000+ Reel, Engine and Trolling Motor Schematics www.hookandsinker.com

Les Stewart
April 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
"Luberman" > wrote in message
> Cutco. Without doubt the best fillet knife I've ever owned.

Thanks! That is about what I was looking for..... found several on Ebay.

--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX