PDA

View Full Version : Trip report (link) - wild fishing in far north in Quebec

March 31st, 2005, 03:50 PM
Disclaimer: This is not a website plug!!

Since I haven't deposited the photos from this trip report on a site
like Photobucket yet, I'll just post the link to the site that I
submitted the report to:

www.flyanglersonline.com

Currently the article is on the front page, just click on the photo of
the guy with the lake trout in his hands (Whale of a trip!)

After this week (March 28-April 3), it'll be archived in their Man in
Canada section.

I wrote up a rather long trip report from an excursion that I made to
the far north in Quebec (headwater of the Whale river) last summer.
Target species on the fly were lake trout, brook trout, Ouananiche
(land-locked salmon), and pike.

I've been a long time (8 years) lurker on ROFF, and very occasional
poster. Just thought that I'd post the link to the trip report since
spring is just starting to show it's face, and in a month I'll be
heading back to my native land (Canada) to fish for ice-out brookies
(my favorite quary). I'm really getting fired up about getting out and
wetting a line.

Cheers,
Troy

Jim
March 31st, 2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the great TR. My wife and I are headed to Labrador (Lake Ternay)
about the same time you were in Labrador last year. After reading your TR, I
am looking forward to the trip more than ever.

Jim Ray
oups.com...