PDA

View Full Version : OT Oh well there's always the LSU women

Wayne Knight
April 3rd, 2005, 05:00 AM
Who the hell put the stopper in the MSU basket?

Wayne
email address wayno

Wayne Harrison
April 3rd, 2005, 05:39 AM
"Wayne Knight" > wrote in message
> Who the hell put the stopper in the MSU basket?
>
> Wayne
> email address wayno

too quick, too deep, too much tradition.

yfitons
wayno

Ken Fortenberry
April 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> "Wayne Knight" wrote:
>>email address wayno

Make him pick up his Stoli in person. At least that way
you can share a stream with him somewhere.

> too quick, too deep, too much tradition.

This oughta be a good one, Carolina likes to run and so
do the Illini.

Since it's come to this I propose we sweeten the bet.
When you buy my dinner in Bryson City you'll need to
wear the Illini orange shirt provided. And if the
unthinkable should happen please bring one of those
powder blue garments for me so I can look bad while
feeling bad. ;-

--
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Harrison
April 3rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
om...
> Wayne Harrison wrote:
>> "Wayne Knight" wrote:
>>>email address wayno
>
> Make him pick up his Stoli in person. At least that way
> you can share a stream with him somewhere.
>
>> too quick, too deep, too much tradition.
>
> This oughta be a good one, Carolina likes to run and so
> do the Illini.
>
> Since it's come to this I propose we sweeten the bet.
> When you buy my dinner in Bryson City you'll need to
> wear the Illini orange shirt provided. And if the
> unthinkable should happen please bring one of those
> powder blue garments for me so I can look bad while
> feeling bad. ;-

i welcome the added color to the bet.

btw, it's a little known fact, but *navy* blue is one of our official
colors. in fact, the football teams from the early years of the 20th
century to the late 1940's were outfitted primarily in navy blue jerseys and
helmets.

at any rate, it would be a pleasure to fish with you and/or the other
wayne, win or lose.

wayno

Ken Fortenberry
April 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Wayne Harrison wrote:
> "Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Wayne Harrison wrote:

>>Make him pick up his Stoli in person. At least that way
>>you can share a stream with him somewhere.
>>

>>> too quick, too deep, too much tradition.
>>
>>This oughta be a good one, Carolina likes to run and so
>>do the Illini.
>>
>>Since it's come to this I propose we sweeten the bet.
>>When you buy my dinner in Bryson City you'll need to
>>wear the Illini orange shirt provided. And if the
>>unthinkable should happen please bring one of those
>>powder blue garments for me so I can look bad while
>>feeling bad. ;-
>

> i welcome the added color to the bet.
>
> btw, it's a little known fact, but *navy* blue is one of our official
> colors. in fact, the football teams from the early years of the 20th
> century to the late 1940's were outfitted primarily in navy blue jerseys and
> helmets.
>
> at any rate, it would be a pleasure to fish with you and/or the other
> wayne, win or lose.

Little known Illini basketball facts:

It's repeated often that in the 100 years of Illinois basketball
the Illini have never won a national championship. The Illini
went undefeated from 1914 to 1916 and won the "mythical national
championship" (you know, kinda like BYU in football ;-) in 1914-15.
The 1942-43 Whiz Kids would have won the national title but two
of the starting five were drafted during the season and the team
decided that if everyone couldn't go to the tournament then none
would.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang
April 3rd, 2005, 06:01 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
om...
> Wayne Harrison wrote:
>> "Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
>> om...

>>>Make him pick up his Stoli in person. At least that way
>>>you can share a stream with him somewhere.

>>>This oughta be a good one, Carolina likes to run and so
>>>do the Illini.
>>>
>>>Since it's come to this I propose we sweeten the bet.
>>>When you buy my dinner in Bryson City you'll need to
>>>wear the Illini orange shirt provided. And if the
>>>unthinkable should happen please bring one of those
>>>powder blue garments for me so I can look bad while
>>>feeling bad. ;-
>>

>> i welcome the added color to the bet.
>>
>> btw, it's a little known fact, but *navy* blue is one of our official
>> colors. in fact, the football teams from the early years of the 20th
>> century to the late 1940's were outfitted primarily in navy blue jerseys
>> and helmets.
>>
>> at any rate, it would be a pleasure to fish with you and/or the other
>> wayne, win or lose.
>
> Little known Illini basketball facts:
>
> It's repeated often that in the 100 years of Illinois basketball
> the Illini have never won a national championship. The Illini
> went undefeated from 1914 to 1916 and won the "mythical national
> championship" (you know, kinda like BYU in football ;-) in 1914-15.
> The 1942-43 Whiz Kids would have won the national title but two
> of the starting five were drafted during the season and the team
> decided that if everyone couldn't go to the tournament then none
> would.

I would have won the 1929-30 national title single-handedly but.......well,
circumstances beyond my control conspired against me too.

Wolfgang
who notes that there appears to be a lot of that going around.

Sarge
April 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
"Wayne Knight" wrote: OT Oh well there's always the LSU women

Go lady Tigers will be pulliong for them tonight.

Sarge

Wayne Knight
April 4th, 2005, 02:56 AM
"Sarge" > wrote in message

> Go lady Tigers will be pulliong for them tonight.

oh, well there's always the MSU women.

Wayne
The only thing worse than loosing to Tennessee in anything is loosing to
baylor. :(

Russell D.
April 4th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> "mythical national
> championship" (you know, kinda like BYU in football ;-)

You'll get no argument out of me! But BYU's "mythical" 1984 football
National Championship was earned the same way any other Division I
college football championship has ever been earned. They were voted as
National Champions and BYU by both polls. All Division I College
National Football championships have been mythical.

Russell

Ken Fortenberry
April 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Russell D. wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>
>> "mythical national
>> championship" (you know, kinda like BYU in football ;-)
>

> You'll get no argument out of me! But BYU's "mythical" 1984 football
> National Championship was earned the same way any other Division I
> college football championship has ever been earned. They were voted as
> National Champions and BYU by both polls. All Division I College
> National Football championships have been mythical.

It's a travesty and an insult to college football when a
second-rate team from a third-rate conference playing a
fourth-rate schedule can even be *considered* for the
national champioship much less actually garner enough
votes to claim it. We can give BYU partial thanks for
this BCS nonsense. The BCS did prevent Utah from pulling
a BYU last year but a playoff would be better.

--
Ken Fortenberry