PDA

View Full Version : abu Conolon Xodus & Greys Orion M2

Ian Sutherland
April 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
anyone on here got any views/experience of these rods?

Ian Sutherland
April 25th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Ian Sutherland wrote:
> anyone on here got any views/experience of these rods?

I'll write my own reply now that I have bought the Greys Orion. Seems
well-made, and on first impressions cast well despite the stiff onshore
wind.

My only niggle is the locking Fuji reel seat which comes with the rod.
This seems to made for reels with a much thicker/longer "lug" than my
Abu 6500, and I will have to modify the seat before it will work
satisfactorily.

Keith M
April 25th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Ian
Although I have no experience of the rod I would expect it and any other
shore rod to fit a 6500 or similar.

I wouild not expect to have to modify (and foul up the warranty) any rod
before I could use it with a mainstream reel
First complain to the shop where you bought it then if no satisfaction then
to Greys and then if no satisfaction to your local Trading Standards
Officer.
Remember to conmfirm in writing all conversatiions, also the name of the
person with whom you had the conversation and the dates.

As you may guess I complain a lot, but then I work damned hard for my money
(don't we all?) and expect and demand value and service.

If more people complained more often then quality and service would improve
across the board.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Keith M
ps lookiong back through my Sea Angler mags I note that there has been at
least 1 Greys rod where the reel seat has had to be packed out with card
before it would tighten down onto the rod and that was a test rod!!

KM

> wrote in message
> Ian Sutherland wrote:
>> anyone on here got any views/experience of these rods?
>

> I'll write my own reply now that I have bought the Greys Orion. Seems
> well-made, and on first impressions cast well despite the stiff onshore
> wind.
>
> My only niggle is the locking Fuji reel seat which comes with the rod.
> This seems to made for reels with a much thicker/longer "lug" than my Abu
> 6500, and I will have to modify the seat before it will work
> satisfactorily.

steve
April 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Ian,
I bought the Orion M2 and find it a very good rod it cast well has a nice
sensitive tip and good mid to lower sectiont with enough power to move a
fish through mixed ground if you have to.
But I found the same problem as you with the reel seat it did not hold with
an Abu 6500 but will just cope with a 7HT just barley, What Idid was put a
lenght of shink sleeve on the rod it now works fine but I should not have
needed to do it in the first place.
Steve...

"Ian Sutherland" > wrote in
message ...
> Ian Sutherland wrote:
>> anyone on here got any views/experience of these rods?
>

> I'll write my own reply now that I have bought the Greys Orion. Seems
> well-made, and on first impressions cast well despite the stiff onshore
> wind.
>
> My only niggle is the locking Fuji reel seat which comes with the rod.
> This seems to made for reels with a much thicker/longer "lug" than my Abu
> 6500, and I will have to modify the seat before it will work
> satisfactorily.

Ian Sutherland
May 2nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
Ian Sutherland wrote:
> Ian Sutherland wrote:
>
>> anyone on here got any views/experience of these rods?
>

> I'll write my own reply now that I have bought the Greys Orion. Seems
> well-made, and on first impressions cast well despite the stiff onshore
> wind.
>
> My only niggle is the locking Fuji reel seat which comes with the rod.
> This seems to made for reels with a much thicker/longer "lug" than my
> Abu 6500, and I will have to modify the seat before it will work
> satisfactorily.

To update the saga, I contacted the tackle shop where I bought the rod &
they said a number of local anglers had had the same problem.

I have e-mailed Greys & unsuprisingly have had no reply.

Keith M
May 2nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
Ian
Stop being a pussy cat.
Your contract is with the seller not with grays
If the seller has experienced these probs before what has he done about it
and what will he do for you.
Nothing by the sound of it unless YOU push for satisfaction
"Ian Sutherland" > wrote in
message ...