PDA

View Full Version : Jonesing for spring?

Bob La Londe
March 4th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I reposted a few old pics over at ABPF
--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
March 4th, 2004, 05:58 PM
A little levity for those "jonesing for spring" Doc
=====================================

The National Park Service, in conjunction with the Colorado Department
of Fish and Game, recently issued this bulletin:

In light of the rising frequency of human - grizzly bear conflicts, The
Colorado Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters and
fishermen to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while in
the field. We advise outdoorsmen to wear noisy little bells on their
clothing so as not to startle bears that aren't expecting them. We also
advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an
encounter with a bear.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity.

Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and
grizzly bear manure:

Black bear manure is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear manure has little bells in it and smells like pepper.
"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message ...
I reposted a few old pics over at ABPF
--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index
www.YumaBassMan.com

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

AJH
March 4th, 2004, 06:49 PM
"smells like pepper" much much more than I wanted to know>><grin>

go-bassn
March 4th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Hey,it's 60 degrees here in SE PA...

warren

"AJH" > wrote in message
> "smells like pepper" much much more than I wanted to know>><grin>

KurtB
March 5th, 2004, 02:20 PM
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:31:39 -0500, "go-bassn" >
wrote:

>Hey,it's 60 degrees here in SE PA...
>
>warren
>
>"AJH" > wrote in message
>> "smells like pepper" much much more than I wanted to know>><grin>

It's 56 degrees at 8:19am outside my house in the Chicago
suburbs...should be snowing my Saturday morning though...

Illinois Fisherman
March 5th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I am going to try to get out this Sunday to the "Church of the great
outdoors" and commune with nature. I have not decided where to go yet - what
part of the river that is. All the lakes still are covered with a thin layer
of ice. Looks like a little snow on Sunday but in the low 40's - that's good
enough for me.

"KurtB" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:31:39 -0500, "go-bassn" >
> wrote:
>
> >Hey,it's 60 degrees here in SE PA...
> >
> >warren
> >
> >"AJH" > wrote in message
> >> "smells like pepper" much much more than I wanted to know>><grin>
> >>

> It's 56 degrees at 8:19am outside my house in the Chicago
> suburbs...should be snowing my Saturday morning though...

KurtB
March 8th, 2004, 03:29 PM
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:37:00 GMT, "Illinois Fisherman"
> wrote:

>I am going to try to get out this Sunday to the "Church of the great
>outdoors" and commune with nature. I have not decided where to go yet - what
>part of the river that is. All the lakes still are covered with a thin layer
>of ice. Looks like a little snow on Sunday but in the low 40's - that's good
>enough for me.
>

>"KurtB" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:31:39 -0500, "go-bassn" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hey,it's 60 degrees here in SE PA...
>> >
>> >warren

>> It's 56 degrees at 8:19am outside my house in the Chicago
>> suburbs...should be snowing my Saturday morning though...

Any Luck? The 40 mph sustained winds kept me away. I did not feel it
was the best condition to try and re-learn how to throw a baitcaster.
Of course, throwing down wind may have been a huge confidence builder.
Maybe, I will get out one day after work this week and start
re-training the thumb.